JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which ammo do you all recommend I should use to sight in my leupold AR? It needs to be 55 grain since thats what the BDC is calibrated for, I am just wondering what you guys use and where I can get it locally.

Also I think I will be having the BDC on my Leupold redone to work for a 62 grain, have any of you done this and do you know what it costs by chance? I have heard since this rifle has a 1 in 7 twist it works best with the 62 or 75 grain rounds.

i cant remember if it's calibrated for SAAMI or NATO- i'd find that out first. NATO being higher pressure will not drop as fast as SAAMI.

good 55gr ammo is federal XM193 and winchester q3131.. both are NATO and close to m193, if not identical.

a 1/7 twist will stabilize 45-80gr bullets. the only ammo it doesn't do well with is light/hot varmint loads, which can disintegrate a few meters from the muzzle with 1/7s. 55gr is absolutely within the totally-OK range for 1/7

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top