Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig 239

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by WAYNO, Jul 9, 2009.

1. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Howdy. There's always lots of discussion about what is the "best" conceal carry handgun.

First of all, I am a revolver person. I always prefer revolvers, but there are sometimes, exceptions.

One exception is a Sig 239. I've owned one for many years, and I've carried it countless miles. The 239 does not get the publicity that other Sig's get, and I don't understand that. It is a single-stack, and that provides for a very comfortable grip, for me. That single stack also makes it quite concealable. Now, for the two best parts. My 239, in .40 caliber, is an extremely accurate gun, in spite of its size. It is also at the lower end of Sig's price range.

Also, this gun is stainless, but it is finished in whatever blackening process Sig uses, and has proven to be extremely durable.

So, I will be the last person to talk anybody into anything, but if a body was looking for a decent pistol, that body could certainly make poorer choices than the Sig 239.

That's all, folks!

WAYNO.

2. Teufel_Hunden

Teufel_Hunden Albany, Oregon Active Member

Nice Wayno,

I think SIG's quality is unsurpassed. Wished I could afford more of them. I have a distant cousin a SS Sig 230. It's superb. Also for those of you looking for a beautiful 22lr plinker check the SIG522lr. I'm placing my order before the months out.

G'Day

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I had a Sig 239 for a few months. I just didn't like it enough to keep it. I went back to my revolvers and a Glock. I had no problem with the fit, function, or aesthetics, I just prefer the Glock.

4. jankun

jankun Portland Member

I love the 239 and own Glock 19 as well. That being said, they are both great guns. I feel the weight of the Glock 19 fully loaded with 15 +1 weighs as much as the Sig239 9mm, but the Sig239 conceals and carries more comfortable. I think my Sig is a little more accurate, but what can I tell with my shoddy skills.

I love my Sig239 9mm.

5. jankun

jankun Portland Member

Can I still buy it? Really.

6. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Sold it several months ago to a guy in Medford. I'm going back to carrying my 1911 and my S&W 642.