JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow. I thought i had this p229 stuff nailed down, now I'm completely confused.

To add to this discussion...
If you have an older (read: pre e2) 229...
Would it be better to stick with finding older magazines....or swapping to the e2 kit? Or does that even help with anything?........

Wow. I thought i had this p229 stuff nailed down, now I'm completely confused.

To add to this discussion...
If you have an older (read: pre e2) 229...
Would it be better to stick with finding older magazines....or swapping to the e2 kit? Or does that even help with anything?........
Changer to the E-2 kit would not help. The newer E-2/229-1 guns have a wider mag well to accommodate .40 and .357 sig.

Ok. I guess(?) Im less confused....
So...i have the factory 13 rounders, and 1 15 round sig magazine that appears to work (inserts and releases fine) it just sticks out further.

But some of the 15 rounders wont fit is what I'm understanding? That or I'm lost and not to be found.

*edit* the 15 rounder that fits is actually a p226* magazine. It was a gift from..at least one christmas ago that i unearthed recently.

228/229 and 226 mags will fit in the newer 229 frames (that take .40/.357 mags), but not vice versa because the latter are wider. You can tell the difference between the two mags because the later mags have a step about two thirds of the way of the mag where the mag significantly narrows.

The earlier 228/229 mags look like this:

wm_11668863.jpg

The later mags look like this:

wm_8641711.jpg

Definitely the top ones. Good to know I'm pretty confident in what's going on with these.
Greg cote has some good prices, I think I'm going to stock up on the flush 15's and maybe some extended baseplate 18's

I am still struggling to find a comparable pistol to order a holster. I am thinking the only difference between mine and the older 229s with no rail, is that mine has slide serrations up front? I wish I could find a holster to try before I drop some cash.

Ok. I guess(?) Im less confused....
So...i have the factory 13 rounders, and 1 15 round sig magazine that appears to work (inserts and releases fine) it just sticks out further.

But some of the 15 rounders wont fit is what I'm understanding? That or I'm lost and not to be found.

*edit* the 15 rounder that fits is actually a p226* magazine. It was a gift from..at least one christmas ago that i unearthed recently.
Yes, mags that are marked P229-1 will not fit, as they're wider for the .357/.40 229 frame.

I am still struggling to find a comparable pistol to order a holster. I am thinking the only difference between mine and the older 229s with no rail, is that mine has slide serrations up front? I wish I could find a holster to try before I drop some cash.
Sig has a 229/M11 Kydex holster, it's pricy at $90... M11-A1 in said holster...

1A37488B-8771-4A5F-9050-6251F0393D32.jpeg

I found another on eBay, will be here Saturday, that was $25...

It's not the serrations on the front, that's just an Elite feature.
The difference is that the legacy 229 slides have half height serrations.
The newer stainless slides with the long extractor and the P228 have full height serrations.

Select, full height serrations.
WyX5SSOl.jpg
And with a legacy .40 slide, half height serrations.
0gUXAr1l.jpg

Greetings, I just purchased my second SIG, and I went with a 229 carry. From what I understand these are a bit of a unicorn. It is a 229 with a shorter barrel and slide. There are a couple resources that suggest it is the 224 slide with a 229 frame. I was wondering if anyone has one of these I would love to hear about holsters, magazines, and the like. Lastly can anyone confirm the general E-2 magazine thing. From what I gather you can put E-2 grips on any sig, can not put standard grips on an E-2, can use standard mags in a E-2 but not E-2 mags in a standard gun?

View attachment 624251 View attachment 624252
That's a P229 with a "legacy slide" and it has a little different extractor but same barrel. Very nice gun but not that rare either. Sig Sauer P229 Elite Classic Carry, 9mm, DA/SA - Top Gun Supply Top gun has the version with a skeltonized hammer which is more rare and runs about 60 more than yours. I have a legacy slide on 1 of my 229's also and I think it was designed to be easier to conceal is what I remember reading

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top