JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had one for 20 years now.. It's the all steel model w/o rail in .40 I almost sold it once and I'm happy to say that I had a change of heart. It used to be my daily carry but now it's a safe queen and backup when I can open carry in a leg holster. It's heavy as hell when loaded. It's also very accurate and I would trust my life to it with any ammo that I put in it without fail.. I have two other pistols in .40 and neither of them are much fun to shoot (for me) due to being lightweight and lots of kick where the all steel Sig handles very nice.

I got an Elite 229 for Christmas last year. It has fired everything I have put into it. The recoil is the best of any .40 I have owned. I currently use it as an EDC piece with no regrets.

I bought a non-railed .40 P229 about a year or so ago from a member here on a whim. I really enjoy carrying it concealed and shooting it. Mine has the aluminum frame, but the recoil is not bad at all. It is really accurate and has been totally reliable.

I have a 229 with a 9mm slide, and a .357 slide. New shooter, but that gun makes me feel darn confident.

It's too big to CC for my likes. But it is a great pistol. You can also add the .22 LR kit to it if you're into that.

I have a pre-ban police issue 40sw P229 . Best gun I ever shot wouldnt trade it wouldnt sell it.
Zero recoil and smooth as silk firearm. I agree its a large CC , but so I have another CC for summer and the P229 for winter.

I was issued one when I was a cop, but sadly I had to give it back when I retired. Excellent pistol!

Yes I love this one, People say everything is for sale. But I doubt I would part with it. When you have something and then realize replacing is near impossible you tends to put a priceless tag on it. :). It pretty cool cause even the Mags still have Law Enforcement stamp on them .

Did they switch to aluminum on the newer ones then? And is your frame made in Germany?
Frame is aluminum. I really meant to just mean non-polymer and yes made in Germany.. I actually carried this with me on my recent trip to Yellowstone. I love it as an open carry piece.. A couple separate posts coming about that trip..

As noted, it can be a little on the heavy side, but it's very accurate and usually very reliable. A great way to go if you want a semi-auto with a hammer instead of striker.

You mentioned you may use it as backup while hunting. One thing I've noticed, is that with some of the 12 round mags, when fully loaded, one of the rounds will rattle a bit. I think the problem was always solved with 11 in the mag and one in the pipe.