JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When the .40 came out some 30 years ago I was one of the first to jump on board. I carried it for a while but found it to big. I put it in the safe and never gave the Sig much thought until I found they were offering their conversion kits for $150. This normal price is $350. I jumped on the deal and I'm glad I did. The manual says to use high velocity only so I tried all the HV ammo I have and found CCI Stingers work great. Stingers are around $6.50 a box so I'm looking for something less expensive. I'm so glad I kept this piece. The conversation is all aluminum so it makes it lighter.

image.jpeg I

If it is a .40 or .357 the mag well is larger than the earliest P229s in 9mm.

Once they came out with the P229 in .40/.357 then subsequent (made thereafter) 9mm P229s could take the .40 or .357 mags and slides and a person could convert between .40 or .357 SIG or 9mm.

Mine cannot - or so I understand - that when they started making the .40/.357 frames they enlarged the mag well to take the longer cartridges. I don't think they made/make a .22 conversion for mine.

If I wrong then I would be happy, but I think that is the case. Please, if someone knows for sure, please correct me.

Do you have a link for this $150 offer?

I have since bought a P229 in .40 and its mags will not fit in my earlier P229 in 9mm, although the 9mm mags from the older 229 will fit in the newer 229 in .40, the slides will not interchange though.

I have also picked up a 22 conversion for my Mk 25 and that 22 mag will fit in both 229s.

I've got X-Change kits for both my Sig 226 and 220 (45). Nice inexpensive way to get trigger time....although it don't replicate recoil.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top