JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a new 226 the other day... Has a reworked barrel, slide, and ejector. Haven't taken it to the range yet. Anyone notice this? It's not even reflected on their website yet. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369242427.647869.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369242427.647869.jpg

SigArms decided to "beef" up the extractor after compiling information concerning pre-mature wear out / failures from the short extractor. I recently purchased another P226 with the same long "ugly" extractor and to offer my opinion, after owning numerous Sigs with the regular one and I have never, Never experienced a problem.

Heck, in the old days, the extractor used to be internal. I believe they should have left it alone.

That's interesting, I just bought a factory refurb (CPO) P226 with a UU serial # prefix , no rail and it has the short extractor. Mine is 9mm.
My German P228 has the internal one.
Meh, it's a Sig, it works.

Although I just bought the P226 "Texas Special Edition" with the new Texas size extractor, I have never had a problem with the short one on any of my Sig's. I'd prefer the short smaller one, but at the end of the day, it didn't stop me from buying it.

Off topic of extractor size:
I heard that Sig has stopped production for the public of the 226 MK25 to put more AR's in production. Unlike most Sig 226 pistols the MK25 has a chrome lined barrel and a few other desirable features. Any one who has been on the fence about owning one of these guns should buy while you can. I saw one at NW Armory for $885 or so a few days ago. I am not suggesting it will become a collectors item but the MK25 does make for a good personal weapon (only exception being the limited selection of holsters available).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top