JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys!

Just wanted to get some opinions on sigs 1911 line, primarily the tac ops model. Most of my experience pertains to revolvers and striker fired pistols. I do have a 4" cdp ii by kimber which was my gateway to 1911s but now I'm looking to add a full size to the collection. I've been looking at SA"s operator (not trp). I don't want to go all out on the trp as I'll use the funds to fund another supressor. I've done some research and I've narrowed it down to the sig as it fits my budget of 1k.

I'm also drawn to the sigs 1911 because it looks like they have the most options available with a dedicated rail. The rail is important to me as I have a spare x300 light that I would love to mount to it. How are sigs external extractors compared to internal extractors? I know a lot of people say sigs quality has gone down hill, but athletically their 1911 looks great. I'm hoping they perform the same mechanically? Also, I've also read that the majority of sigs 1911s don't fit traditional 1911 holsters, and unfortunately they only offer a 1 year warranty. Are there any others things I should consider that might sway me from the sig? The rail is going to be a must for me when selecting the next 1911. Thanks for the input !

I've owned a Sig Tac Ops 1911 for about a year. It is hands down one of my favorite pistols. Ultra reliable, built like a tank and great recoil (probably because it is a bit heavy). I would and do trust my life to it. Can't speak directly to the extractor only to say the brass goes flying when it's supposed to, and it's much easier on the brass (I reload) than the glock. I also have a Kimber ProCarry II that I like as well. Never was a 1911 guy until a a few years ago and I have to say I wish I would have bought one many moons ago. I have had glocks and a few of the other suspects. My Sig is probably what I'm most accurate with. My 14 year old son is extremely accurate with it. He is on the smaller side and loves to shoot that big 'ol 45. One of these days I may save my pennies and go for a higher end 1911 but the sig sure fits the bill for the money. Not sure on the interchangability - I doubt it. Typical 1911 holsters won't fit it, the slide is a bit wider.

I've owned a Sig Tac Ops 1911 for about a year. It is hands down one of my favorite pistols. Ultra reliable, built like a tank and great recoil (probably because it is a bit heavy). I would and do trust my life to it. Can't speak directly to the extractor only to say the brass goes flying when it's supposed to, and it's much easier on the brass (I reload) than the glock. I also have a Kimber ProCarry II that I like as well. Never was a 1911 guy until a a few years ago and I have to say I wish I would have bought one many moons ago. I have had glocks and a few of the other suspects. My Sig is probably what I'm most accurate with. My 14 year old son is extremely accurate with it. He is on the smaller side and loves to shoot that big 'ol 45. One of these days I may save my pennies and go for a higher end 1911 but the sig sure fits the bill for the money. Not sure on the interchangability - I doubt it. Typical 1911 holsters won't fit it, the slide is a bit wider.

Thanks for the info!

I have read mixed reviews on them. A while back I was looking into getting a 4'' nightmare fastback from Sig, seems like a lot of complaints about ejection.

On the other side, I have a friend who has a full size tac-ops and loves it. I have shot it and was a big fan compared to a lot of other 1911's I have fired.

I suppose if you get one that shoots reliably, you should sell it to me ;)

Go for it!

Sig's buy one get one free is going on now and I think 2 of the 5 guns have rails, look into it. Keith's in Gresham had all 5 pistols last week, I picked up the 4" nightmare and a free 1911 22cal to boot, Both guns so far feel and shoot solid.

Sigs are among the best mass produced 1911s. I have a stainless target model and it will shoot right along side any thing I have owned or seen. My experience only.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top