JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am in the market for a 1911 or similar 45 strickly as a shooter.I like the looks of the SIG 1911's especially the tac ops but am curious how reliable they are,I know they have an external extractor and seems those are not a big selling point. Just curious if any one has one and what they think of it. thanks. :s0071:

I own 4 of them and love'em. They are very reliable and out of the 4, not one hd a single problem with FTF's and shoot straight. Mine are stainless, bu the Nitron finish is strong.

Very hard to beat them.

I've had three Sig 1911s and still have two, a C3 and a special edition Ultra Compact. All the Sig 1911s come with their march grade internals. Reliability is exceptional as is accuracy. The Sigs are also priced hundreds below their equivalent Kimber and Springfield counterparts but are in many ways superior. Customer service is the best around, as well. Hard to go wrong.

I loved my Sig tradition reverse two tone model...

Weegi.jpg

c93Pr.jpg

3Qk7O.jpg

As with most 1911s the factory mags were kind of a crapshoot, but mine were good to go. Dang I miss that pistol...

Also, to be quite frank, the external extractor in my eyes is an upgrade over the internal extractors you see on traditional 1911s. There is no tuning of the extractor and it is a user serviceable part. I know someone is going to jump all over me about internal extractors being serviceable with the right knowledge, but it takes experience and skill to fit and tune an internal extractor. With an external extractor it's practically as easy to swap out as it is on a Glock.

Sig makes their better known 1911s, which have a slightly different slide profile, but they also make a traditional line of 1911s with the conventional 1911 profile. Just FYI. They have the lines split out so you can look at each of them at <broken link removed> .

I agree re the external extractor. Sig's extractors are way overbuilt and totally reliable. As for the 1911's design, don't forget Mr. Browning's next design was the Hi Power, which coincidentally has an external extractor.

Never owned one, but a friend has one that I've shot a bunch. Won't fit in some holsters if it is the non-traditional profile, but they shoot amazing. It had a Nowlin air gauged barrel from the factory, was incredibly reliable and a tac driver right out of the box. I'll own one someday, if I can stop buying all the other crap I buy.

Own several Sig's and Colt's. Sig's out of the box shoot like my Colt 70 and 80 Series that have gone through several hours of polishing, upgrades and fine tuning. Very reliable and built tough. My nightstand gun is a Stainless Rail Sig 1911 with standard features similar to a Railed Stainless Colt, only $200+ less. My range guns will always be my Colt's. I throw away all the stock Sig mags and replace them with Wilson Combat ETM 8 rounder's for reliability.

Just some quick down sides to the Sigs.
FIRST let me say they are small things, and I really like my Scorpion and I've got 7 to 8000 rounds through mine.
-the trigger groves where the trigger bow rides was REALLY rough in mine and required sanding to have a smooth trigger.
-the external extractor is right, in the middle of the rear serrations, which makes them less use full (Less traction)
-SOME sigs have above the extractor is a sharp edge which can (however unlikely) catch on your hand, holster or clothing.

Just somethings to keep in mind. I didn't notice them till I started using my pistol.

extractors.jpg

My STX is the most accurate outta the box 1911 I've owned. Its my 1st Sig and def won't be the last. JM Browning was a fan of external extractors as he thought they were more reliable.
Yep 1911 forums has a sub-category for Sigs.

20130214_stx_zps71341697.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads