JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up my Sig Nightmare and ran 50 rounds thru it of S&B 230gr RN ammo, nary a problem and a nice 4" group at point of aim from 30 feet. The trigger is a little heavy but it breaks clean. I hope this week-end to see how it shoots with some 200gr RN and 225gr TC hard cast hand loads.

I have a Sig Limited Edition Ultra Compact 1911 and a Sig C3 1911, both in .45 ACP. They're truly amazing weapons and hundreds less than Kimbers or Springfields but with match grade internals and excellent slide to frame fit and overall quality of finishing. Shoot the heck out of it.

I have a Sig Limited Edition Ultra Compact 1911 and a Sig C3 1911, both in .45 ACP. They're truly amazing weapons and hundreds less than Kimbers or Springfields but with match grade internals and excellent slide to frame fit and overall quality of finishing. Shoot the heck out of it.

I've had other more and less expensive .45's, and I'm familiar with Sig quality having owed a P-220 back in the day and currently have a Trailside. This 1911 is a natural pointer for me, it literally feels like it was made for me. Fun stuff!

I took the Sig apart and cleaned up some rough edges on the trigger bow then lubed it up with some slide ease. I made up some Win 230gr HP and Hornaday 185 XTP loads to test fire. I'm happy to report the Nightmare liked both HP loads as well as the 225gr TC's. I tried the 200 gr RN's and SWC's again after re-seating and re-crimping but they don't feed so I'll pull those and make something that works.

I made up a batch of different 200gr RN's with no shoulder and they shot excellently, all holes touching so a 2" group at 10 yds.and dropped the brass in a nice little 18" circle. My shooting partner and I shot our 1911's for a couple hours solid and I had a hard time shooting mine because Pat wouldn't give it back. I was stuck shooting his Gold Cup and Kimber. Nice guns in their own right but I and apparently Pat like my Sig better. Maybe it was new or excitedly different, either way it's all good. We ended the day with a rousting came of Happy Can that had us both grinning from ear to ear.

Took the Sig out again yesterday, as well as my wifes PPK/s, the Hamerilli Trailside, a Dan Wesson 4".357 and my Blackhawk Bisley. The Sig really likes the new 200gr round nose load I'm shooting in it, keeping all holes in a 2" group. I shot some factory hard ball ammo and a couple other handloads with nary a problem as well. I've read that the PPK/s can be problematic but this one shoots just fine thought not as accurate as I'd like, a 6" group was the best I could do with it. What can i say about the Trailside other than it just flat shoots great with Federal Champion 40gr leadies. Tried some Winchester T-22 ammo but it won't cycle the action reliably. The Dan Wesson is a work horse, shooting a 158gr SWC into a 2" group all day, day after day for over 20 years. I shot the Blackhawk last, of all my guns it's still my favorite. It's got big bore bang and is extremely accurate.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top