JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully more calibers/models will follow.

Would love to have a lever-action carbine in .45 Colt that I can trust; unlike my Remlin.

Would love to have a lever-action carbine in .45 Colt that I can trust; unlike my Remlin.
I hope so as well.

I love their products, but the tube loading killed their chances for my ownership.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. Since gun owners seem to be all in on doing away with my Semi Auto PCC's it would be nice to be able to get a couple lever rifles to replace them with is I am still around by the time they take the autos. Have looked at a few but keep seeing a LOT of problems reported with the new ones now days.

I just picked up a new LongRanger mag fed 308. Everything looks good on it.

full.jpg

Last Edited:
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. Since gun owners seem to be all in on doing away with my Semi Auto PCC's it would be nice to be able to get a couple lever rifles to replace them with is I am still around by the time they take the autos. Have looked at a few but keep seeing a LOT of problems reported with the new ones now days.
That's one reason why I jumped into lever action. No problems with my Marlin 1895GBL. Affordable, good fit and finish and nice action. I like that Henry though.

I like Henery guns but I'd barely pay $500 for that and certainly no where near msrp on one - too many older 30-30's to be had for $300.

I don't need a hunting rifle to be shiny:rolleyes:

That's one reason why I jumped into lever action. No problems with my Marlin 1895GBL. Affordable, good fit and finish and nice action. I like that Henry though.

I have LONG liked the way these look. Just made me very leery buying one as so many seem to get a problem child. Sounded like the Quality Control was lacking to say the least with these. If we lose the autos I will of course jump in and give these a shot. Really like the .44 caliber as they would be great for rolling ammo for.

I have LONG liked the way these look. Just made me very leery buying one as so many seem to get a problem child. Sounded like the Quality Control was lacking to say the least with these. If we lose the autos I will of course jump in and give these a shot. Really like the .44 caliber as they would be great for rolling ammo for.
Yeah I hear you on that. Everyone is on "JM" bandwagon when it comes to buying Marlin's. I get it though, there were some quality issues in recent years so buyer beware I guess. Even after reading all the reviews I still went with a new 1895. It seemed there were more positive than negative about it. Then you have to consider the laws of Internet physics when it comes to reviews, you always see more of the complaints(which were justifed) because the majority of people who are quite satisfied tend not to write about it.

I don't mind the price.

It's got tons of very nice features and the stocks look amazing.

Just need to wait and see what calibers they ultimately decide to make these in.

This and Ruger dropping 350 legends, this year isn't looking too hot for my wallet already!

Eh, I really don't see the appeal of the gate beyond cowboy action shooting necessitating fast top-up reloads. My Henry and my Browning BL-22 both load the same way and it's never been an issue with the kind of shooting I do. Good on Henry for giving the people what they want, though! My .45LC is a lot of fun to roll my own with and all kinds of shiny. Happy bunny!

Yeah I hear you on that. Everyone is on "JM" bandwagon when it comes to buying Marlin's. I get it though, there were some quality issues in recent years so buyer beware I guess. Even after reading all the reviews I still went with a new 1895. It seemed there were more positive than negative about it. Then you have to consider the laws of Internet physics when it comes to reviews, you always see more of the complaints(which were justifed) because the majority of people who are quite satisfied tend not to write about it.

Oh YES I understand the complaints and the net thing. I have several Kel-Tec firearms. When I first started buying them it was "common knowledge" that they were garbage. I at first refused to buy one because the price looked too good and the things I heard. After a shop talked me into my first one I was actually shocked it worked. By the time I had a few I said they should send me a T-shirt. Many of my co workers would head to the range with me, then go out to buy one after trying mine. Yes they did let out some problems, and of course it sucks to be the one who gets a problem. Most who got a working one of course just say nothing. I have no doubt this has happened with both Marlin and Henry. I hear a LOT of people say both are not worth buying but if it was as bad as some say obviously no one would be buying the guns. Should really just pull the trigger and buy one of these in .44. I know Wife would love it. She has often wanted a lever .22. If I get a .44 I can light load some stuff she would have a lot of fun with at the range. Nice part of these is light loads need nothing done to gun to make them work like when I make light loads for my 1911's for her. I also know the guns of today are not quite as "nice looking" as the ones of old but I do still like the looks of these.

I love their products, but the tube loading killed their chances for my ownership.
I was skeptical when I bought my BBB .357 but what I have discovered it there is an advantage to a tube load with shorter, pistol rounds HOWEVER a gate still favors the longer, rifle rounds.

I hope those who buy these new offerings have good luck with few problems as Henry certainly has no shortage of problems lately. Their factory service is excellent however some are beginning to report issues with it as well.

Henry has really stretched themselves thin over the last couple years with what I believe are simply too many variations and styles of rifles and I think QC is seriously lacking.

Eh, I really don't see the appeal of the gate beyond cowboy action shooting necessitating fast top-up reloads. My Henry and my Browning BL-22 both load the same way and it's never been an issue with the kind of shooting I do. Good on Henry for giving the people what they want, though! My .45LC is a lot of fun to roll my own with and all kinds of shiny. Happy bunny!

The reason I want the side load is these would make a dandy defense rifle. The ability to load more while gun is still ready is what makes these to me the best alternative to the autos I use now. I have long said if they make us give up our autos one of these would be my next choice. One in large pistol caliber would be so easy to roll for too of course. Since lighter loads will feed just as well as full loads.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top