JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was on my way to work this morning listening to 95.5 The Game, and they were discussing the Gilbert Arenas suspension. Of course, the discussion led to the debate over why anyone needs to carry a gun. Seemed like the only callers put on air were either anti-gun, or pro-gun but absolute morons. And, of course, no separation between the people who illegally own/carry and those of us who do the right thing. I get so tired of being lumped in with people who do stupid things with guns, and then having to defend my right/choice to own/carry. People do stupid/dangerous things with cars everyday, but nobody talks about taking away the right to drive.

And then when a mass shooting occurs, they seem to be weekly now, all people talk about is "well this wouldn't have happened if people didn't have guns." How about the fact that if someone in that crowd had been carrying, a lot of lives may have been saved? A person gets raped or killed by a person with a gun and it is national news for days, but a story about a person who successfully defended themselves with a gun gets mentioned on the local news once. Unless it is a little old lady, and then she is pushed out there into the public eye as a crazy Anny Oakley gun toting grandma.

Just sick of it.

Was on my way to work this morning listening to 95.5 The Game, and they were discussing the Gilbert Arenas suspension. Of course, the discussion led to the debate over why anyone needs to carry a gun. Seemed like the only callers put on air were either anti-gun, or pro-gun but absolute morons. And, of course, no separation between the people who illegally own/carry and those of us who do the right thing. I get so tired of being lumped in with people who do stupid things with guns, and then having to defend my right/choice to own/carry. People do stupid/dangerous things with cars everyday, but nobody talks about taking away the right to drive.

And then when a mass shooting occurs, they seem to be weekly now, all people talk about is "well this wouldn't have happened if people didn't have guns." How about the fact that if someone in that crowd had been carrying, a lot of lives may have been saved? A person gets raped or killed by a person with a gun and it is national news for days, but a story about a person who successfully defended themselves with a gun gets mentioned on the local news once. Unless it is a little old lady, and then she is pushed out there into the public eye as a crazy Anny Oakley gun toting grandma.

Just sick of it.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that an employee of that factory could bring a lawsuit against the business if it happens to have a rule barring the carrying or possessing a firearm on company property.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that an employee of that factory could bring a lawsuit against the business if it happens to have a rule barring the carrying or possessing a firearm on company property.

Of course they could bring a lawsuit, but winning one on such a theory is almost entirely out of the realm of possibility.

True, and I think it needs to happen. My place of employment doesn't allow firearms in the workplace. I have a co-worker who is going through a nasty divorce right now, and am always thinking about what if her husband gets drunk and pissed and comes in shooting? Also, as a direct result of my work, sometimes employees are let go. What defense do I have against a disgruntled worker? Nothing.

Last Edited:
Seemed like the only callers put on air were either anti-gun, or pro-gun but absolute morons. And, of course, no separation between the people who illegally own/carry and those of us who do the right thing.

Most radio shows screen their callers in such a way to get people that sound less intelligent than the hosts. They also tend to only let people who feel really strongly either way on because it makes for better listening. Don't feel too discouraged, most "real" people aren't like that!

Just sick of it.

I think that we can all agree that we are being filled with smoke and mirrors Hollywood imagery when it comes to the anti-gunners. The battles are either won or lost in the public perceptions minds eye before they ever get to the courts. These spin masters are using the media to twist public opinion to their advantage. Why else would they spend billions every year and do polls to see where the public stands on the issues.

Hollywood imagery can make the strong look weak, the bad look good and make a hero out of any fool! We prove this when we purchase movie tickets to go see some of the fools in Hollywood and their junk films. Have we ever considered or asked what they do with this money we pay to see this crap? They use a good part of our money to fight against our rights go figure. Oh and by the way have you ever gone to a gun show and run into a rude person? In 30 years I never have and it makes you wonder why? I would love to see some fool try to rob one LOL

Let's not forget its dc, they have a wicked and strict law about how you can store your weapons, he shoulda kept the show n tell at home.

How about the fact that if someone in that crowd had been carrying, a lot of lives may have been saved?
It is useless to bring up this point in any discussion regarding mass shootings (or any for that matter) It is never considered by the anti-gun crowd.

i watched "Jim Rome is Burning" on ESPN today and he interviewed Karl Malone about the Gilbert Arenas situation. Malone is a Life-Time NRA member and after mentioning that he did a decent job of defending the ownership and proper use of firearms. When he said he had handled guns since he was 8, Jim Rome was a little surprised and asked "why in the world were you handling guns at 8 yrs old!" Malone responded "i grew up in the country and me and my brother went squirrel hunting with .410 shotguns. The first thing my mom did was teach us that they were dangerous and how to use them right, and not to play cowboys and indians" If you can find the interview it might be a good watch, even thought Karl aint the best speaker in the world.

Until we get the big-name, all-stars speaking for gun rights in the appropiate manner and on a large scale forum, gun views will be at the mercy of the anti-gun media.

True, and I think it needs to happen. My place of employment doesn't allow firearms in the workplace. I have a co-worker who is going through a nasty divorce right now, and am always thinking about what if her husband gets drunk and pissed and comes in shooting? Also, as a direct result of my work, sometimes employees are let go. What defense do I have against a disgruntled worker? Nothing.

I worked in a no firearms allowed work place for 25 yrs. Deep concealment is the answer. ;)

I worked in a no firearms allowed work place for 25 yrs. Deep concealment is the answer. ;)

Yep! My work place doesn't allow guns either. This doesn't mean i don't carry there though. Conceal that sucker good and don't tell a sole you carry at work and nobody will know. Isn't that what they make bugs for? Bugs certainly aren't great shooters and don't pack near the punch of a fullsize 1911, 357mag, 10mm, whatever. However you can conceal them wearing almost nothing.

Just sick of it.

FYI, driving is a PRIVILAGE while having a firearm is a RIGHT. Otherwise, I agree 100% with everything you just said.

Hello,
Just a point of view. We as adult, responsible, been shooting since we were kids have an etiquette IMO about firearms. We treat them as tools of enjoyment and as works of art, we are safe and always show the empty chamber to a person we are going to hand the gun, and always check the gun's firing condition. So if some want to have fun and talk of zombies and WW3 or knockdown power. We're having fun between ourselves.
Unfortunately we represent, along with the flakes and the psychotics, what the uninformed people of America see. You don't see the man saves life of wife and neighbor with legally owned handgun. I mean its so bad that ISPC course is held at night and we were told not to be too rambunctious as TV camera crews often stop by to see us training to kill people with speed and efficiency.
We use the term Assault Rifle and AK-47 to indicate a semiautomatic rifle with it's roots based in an illegal military fully automatic weapons. Instead of calling it a WASR. A semiautomatic rifle is a semiautomatic rifle, whether it has a pistol grip or removeable magazines. They've been around since the early 1900's and have been used by hunter, law enforcement and criminals.
I guess what I'm saying is that we should represent a higher level of competence and restraint, as we are the example that the sheeple see or hear of. What do you think an anti-gun advocate would say to a person on the fence about gun people getting on forums and talking about zombie efficient caliber. They IMO would think we are all nuts and should not own firearms of any kind, and that the Government had better hurry up and get our guns away before somebody gets hurt. This may be a dramatization, but I really believe that people look to find some evidence to support what they think, rather than look at the evidence and determine what they think. Let us stop fueling the anti-gun bias. I talked to Obama neighborhood campaigners about the fallacies of what they were stating the reasons were for his and Democratic gun control policies until they were making up excuses to leave.
Just something to put in your thinking cap.
rhtwist

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top