JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Benefits of Frangible Bullets

Bottom Line
Contrary to common industry belief, frangibles aren't only for steel plates. Yes, their obvious use is for close-quarters training, but they're undeniably solid choices for hunting and self-defense. Penetration depth and permanent wound cavities prove they're capable of dropping an assailant; shattered bones and devastated internals on game animals—from rifles and handguns—demonstrate they'll do it hard and fast.

This was re-posted a few days ago to a private Facebook group I'm in.

Instagram photo by Defensive Concepts • Oct 24, 2016 at 3:37pm UTC

Two frangible bullets failed to break apart in a shoot house class. The top round ricocheted out of the room and hit one of the instructors. (No injuries though?)

Neither of those bullets looks even remotely like a frangible design to me.

The fact that this Instagram poster provides no information about the specific ammo used, pretty much makes the post totally worthless, in my viewpoint.

Use bad ammo, and you get bad results.

No ballistics if they explode, will penetrate some body armor . I loaded 55 g 223 and shot a 12" pumpkin , did'nt go through, did'nt explode it, it pushed it about 8 to 10 inches from 40 yards. If its working ,it will frag when it hits organic matter. They tin up your barrel and wont hold a group at range

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top