JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So here I am down with the flu.
Had a fever yesterday , stayed home from school...been laid up since then.
Body aches...sweats...chills...chest racking coughs that hurt from the small of the back upwards...fatigue ...can't really sleep....

I have medicine here for the flu...been taking it and herbal tea...lots of "rest" in my easy chair and the like.
And while I am no longer in my fighting trim of my LRRP days...I ain't no slug either.

Which got me wondering....
What if S of whatever kind were to hit the fan...?
I don't like being a burden or easy mark...plus the need to take extra "flu stuff" along if I gotta leave....
Not to forget to mention...if I am on foot ...I wouldn't make it very far or fast....driving...well I could...but fuzzy thinking at the best of times can lead to an accident..etc...

And while the likelihood of SHTF , this weekend is low , when I am down with the flu...it does give one pause to think.
Andy

Sorry to hear that you're sick. Hopefully it won't last long.

I reckon we just do our best, whatever the situation might be. Let's hope the S doesn't hit the fan anytime soon.

Boo!

Happy Veterans Day Andy, thanks for your service!!

Now go kick that flu's arse...
Ha..thank you.

Workin' on it....so far the flu has infiltrated by means of a night drop....then made a flanking movement....
I am just glad that it didn't make it to my rear echelon....:eek: :D
Andy

Last Edited:
No rona or evil spirits here be gone !
1668214363012.png

Not being physically able to respond to a SHTF situation is par for the course for most of the elderly. Old age is a chronic condition from which there is no recovery. So count your current condition as a training course in being elderly.

SHTF is an amazing motivator, injecting all kinds of adrenaline into your system.
I've run hundreds of yards on a snapped ankle. Once I got to relative safety and the danger passed, *then* I felt the pain.
Though, I suspect you've had lots of adrenaline, and then some, in your history.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top