JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If an EMP event (NUKE BOMB) takes place your watch will be the last thing you need to worry about. Your skin falling off might be something you might want to deal with first.

Not all EMP events could be caused by nukes and not all nuke attacks would cause fallout.

My 1917 Elgin Pocket watch with the 23 jewel Father time movement will be ticking away EMP or not for a few more decades I venture

Exactly. Reason? = No electronics.

You could learn to look for shadows, judge an hour, go by the church bells, (oops sorry calls of the Imams 5 times day) buy a wind-up watch,,, naw that would take too much thinking.

not to mention an incorporated compass! i've also been looking for a good watch for when shtf. big 5 carries a lot of items with the smith and wesson name on them including some watches

I think a compass is a good feature to have - personally, I'd stick with a Suunto (maybe an Observer) as those have been reliable for the friends I know who own one. Another option is to get a tiny compass that clips onto your watch band, but those are pretty small to be used for navigation (in my opinion).

I'm not sure about EMP or any of this other stuff, but Murphy's Law is pretty prevalent in my life, so if something runs on batteries, chances are those will die right in the middle of a SHTF event - YMMV.

Technology ALWAYS fails
I recomend 2 sticks that will act as calander, watch and compase.
I sell these annolog sticks in several differant treatments to match your BMW/M-Series as well as Marpat, Arpat, Coyote and Multicam.
Knife shown sells seperatly

SO does the EMP kill all the electrical devises for good,frying the insides,or just stop them temporarily?
If you have electronic devises buried or wrapped nicely,they will work afterwards no?

+2 on self-winding.
I wear a Breitling everyday. Not only does it not need batteries, but the sapphire crystal is a 9/10 in hardness, so you can't scratch/break it very easily. The rest is in a steel case. But if you're spending $3000+ on a SHTF watch, you're not prioritizing.

I re-discovered a Hilton 17 jewel chronograph that I bought around 1967. Took it to the watch fixer for a new reset button, crystal, and band. Until something renders my Festina quartz chronograph out to lunch it will continue to be my EDC timepiece, with a Victorinox quartz as backup.

I happened to be at Walmart the other day to pick up a couple things, while there I took a look at their watches. I ended up picking up a Casio G-Shock watch, its also solar powered and atomic. I do like the Solar powered feature, and the atomic is a plus so for now its always correct.

I have a G-Shock, and really like it. I'd love one of those Luminox SEAL ones, but I don't like spending that much. The EMP is a good point, but I kinda doubt that will happen, and I still put lights on my guns, even though an EMP would take them out too. I like that the Luminox uses Tritum.

got a new G shock solar, luminox seal, and an old but steady Seiko diver automatic. BASES COVERED. I love em all!

This one seems pretty s resistant..

upload_2018-1-3_17-23-19.jpeg

My 40 year old Rolex explorer II is just fine. We were issued Tudors (cousin of Rolex) in my military units. All self winding and useable under water if nessary. I agree with Andy, compasses are an under appreciated and utilized tool today.

Under normal circumstances, I don't wear a watch, stopped wearing one several years ago. I do keep several Casio G-Shocks on hand in various emergency kits to use if SHTF so I can shut my phone off and conserve power. Beyond that, I don't have much use for them any longer.

When I did wear a watch my favorite was the Citizen Navihawk my wife got for me years ago. It appealed to me as a former private pilot since the outer dial was a flight computer, which was cool to my former pilot self :D Unfortunately it's non-functional ATM and needs some repair work.

img59101377.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads