JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 1996 12-valve Cummins Dodge 2500 4x4. I drive it every day, getting about 18 mpg. In addition, it is non-computer controlled. Since it is a 5-speed, it doesn't even have a transmission computer. Since I bought the truck (this year) with a new engine & transmission & clutch & front end, it's needed very little since I bought it. The front suspensions in these trucks can get pretty sloppy over the miles; that's something to watch for.

The engine uses the P7100 mechanical fuel pump, which is well known for reliability. Further, it's more robust for things like SVO or WMO.

I put an ARE DCU topper on it, which gives me lots of accessible storage from the sides, as well as a locking rear door. It's great for camping out of.

I also am in the process of installing a 48-gallon in-bed aux fuel tank. With the max of about 73 gallons onboard, I should be able to get well over 1k miles without having to fill up.

My last vehicle was a FZJ80 Landcruiser with lockers. The 'cruiser is definitely a better off-road vehicle and was pretty reliable. If the stuff ever does hit the fan, I would rather be in the Dodge Cummins due to the MPG, range, bulletproof reliability, and carrying capacity.

I have a low miles 85 Isuzu Pup diesel with a shell that gets 33 MPG. I'm puttung in an extra tank and a roof rack for carrying most of what I'll need. I also have a military Jeep trailer that I can pull behind my soon to be Isuzu diesel powered '66 Jeep CJ5. My plan is a family caravan with supplies and arms if a bailout is needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top