JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where and how can a person Legally find and acquire high strength pain meds and anti infection, post infection meds? I have just experienced something eye opening, and got me to thinking how could I survive a like instance with out medical attention! I had a tooth shatter and it got infected and was extreamly painful, so much so, that I passed out and had to be taken to the E.R. Long story short, How can a person deal with something like this with out medical aid? If I had pain management and anti infection/post infection control, The extraction would be the only other thing to deal with. How can a person cope with an extraction? I have never experienced pain like that in all my years, and this was an eye opener to me! Beyond dental, what other pain mitigation and treatment for infections can be found? Long term storage? Your thoughts and recommendations, and advice would be greatly appreciated

A few different tooth ache topical pain relievers out there. I like the ones that look like cotton swabs that you break one end and it realesses the lidocaine.

Cloves powder can do about the same if your interested in wholistic remedies (longer shelf life as its dehydrated).

In your case, that would have been some f'n painful surgery "out in the field" so to say. Honestly, You'd have to man up or pass out and trust someone to do the extraction while your out.

As far as I can tell, you can go holistic or take a trip to Taiwana in Mexico and buy whatever meds you want, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to bring them back with you so there's a risk there.

Medical issues are probably 99.9% of all our issues when thing go down.

I think I should expand beyond my tooth issues and ask what can a person do about any and all serious emergencies that we normally would have to seek professional help for as far as potent drugs to manage serious pain, as well as to fight infections that would be likely to follow. I am not finding any legal means to acquire these things, and short of keeping "extras" from events past, I am looking forward with hopes to finding a solution. Joe13, I like the holistic approach to any and all things and think your on the right track! I know how to produce mild pain relief with bark and roots, but want something more robust, I think this is something we ALL need to know about, Some day, we may be faced with something like this, and I hope no one has to experience that kind of pain! We also face a very serious likely hood of infections and this is another problem we need to find a solution for!

This would be a good topic of the month.

@Ura-Ki are you familiar with fish antibiotics? There may be a thread or two on here about them, I dunno' cause I haven't looked. But anyway, that will get you the antibiotics and at reasonable prices for the most part. I am clueless about where to find pain meds other than over the counter.

May I suggest procuring a few books on Naturopathic medicine and some stuff on herbal cures as well. I have several and find them quite helpful.

You can get antibiotics labeled as fish products.
http://www.budk.com/Survival-Kits-3602

As for pain killers. Weed. Seriously, it is legal now and will do the trick. I do not do it recreationally, in fact my wife is against it. However, for a serious pain situation, it is a viable option. Having some on hand, for pain if needed, and even barter options wouldn't be such a bad idea.

While I am fundamentally against Weed, I do see it's merits and it is Organic, so I would consider having some around for these reasons! I do know there is supposed to be a couple of strains that are way better for pain management, but for the life of m, I cannot find which these are, or more importantly, how can I trust someone to help me get the right stuff, and not some crap that makes me hungry and focuses the "experience" making a bad time worse! Good thoughts!

While I am fundamentally against Weed, I do see it's merits and it is Organic, so I would consider having some around for these reasons! I do know there is supposed to be a couple of strains that are way better for pain management, but for the life of m, I cannot find which these are, or more importantly, how can I trust someone to help me get the right stuff, and not some crap that makes me hungry and focuses the "experience" making a bad time worse! Good thoughts!
I have a friend whos son in law works at one of the pot shops. I just asked her to get me some of the pills that are for pain with THC in them.

There are some effective, easy to make pain killers with common plants in the NW, but I don't think I can legitimately describe how to do that here (?) Some research into genuine herbalist (i.e. not new age stuff) will reveal these plants, and they are capable of being quite potent and effective.

Years ago, I picked up the Book S.A.S. survival guide By Lofty Wiseman and it has an excellent guide for plants and how to use them! Great book with plenty of information relevant to the N.W. I just need to bone up and start gathering plants and growing them around me, and learning how to make stuff with what I can find!

Could you let us in on the brand name,if any, Even just the local name? That would sure be a good start!
I reached out to her to ask, I'll update once I get the info on them.

She said most local shops have something of that nature. She said they aren't cheap, compared to regular weed. Some edibles have high THC content too. She said she tried a gummy bear once that was enough to land a horse in a coma.

I haven't stepped foot into one of these stores yet, I am thinking I may need to though. My mom is coming up in September and keeps joking about trying the stuff. May be a good opportunity to see what they have.

Leave it to the junkies and speed freaks to ruin a good thing for us! (I'm only half kidding- I used to have self control issues of my own). Back in the day (a couple decades ago) I used to get prescriptions for a full supply of emergency meds from my family doctor for my mountaineering expeditions and long boat rides. It used to be super easy to get pain meds and antibiotics- now, not so much. Short of going on a procurement trip to Tijuana I think we're pretty much out of luck on that front.
On the topic of the devil weed, there are 2 main psychoactive compounds in marijuana. THC, which is what get you feelin groovy, and CBD, which is the molecule that has the pain receiving properties. Hippies and drug addicts can actually be quite industrious when it comes to figuring out how to get high, and the pot growers have become more and more scientific about creating different strains that have different properties. Now there are some strains of weed that have almost zero THC but tons of CBD, so upon ingestion you won't get high but will receive the amazing pain receiving benefits of the CBD molecule. You can also find CBD tinctures, lotions, and pure CBD oil, which is obviously pretty spendsy (unless you know a grower) but is actually somewhat of a miracle drug when it comes to pain relief. My knees are pretty bunged up from years of abuse and I've found that a drop of CBD oil under my tongue completely obliterates any joint pain I may be feeling at the time, and I feel ZERO psychoactive effects from it. I honestly can't recommend the stuff highly enough. (Haha)
Stock up on high CBD, low THC content marijuana products if you're looking for a natural painkiller that won't affect your mental state.
One more thing- there's a book I ran across one time that I really really wish I had grabbed because it's now out of print and impossible to find. It's called "opium for the masses", I can't remember the author. Basically it's a how to manual describing the process of making opium and other poppy based narcotics (laudanum, etc..) from start to finish. How to grow your own poppies, how to harvest the milk, and how to refine it. Growing your own opium is another really good option for a SHTF scenario I think, and I feel like any prepper worth their salt should have a couple packets of poppy seeds in their seed bank. If anyone knows where I can find a copy of that book please let me know!

IF your buying weed then you need to try it to see how it effects you - everyone reacts differently and has different tolerances.

Don't go by any specific "names" as they can be mislabeled or the potency can be different. Once you find some that work for you, stockpile a little in the fridge and forget about it.

That is the recommendation I got.

That is really good to know! I know many "clinical" drugs have a very long shelf life, but didn't know if the civilian stuff did as well! Thanks for posting this!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top