JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
rail lines are an idea I have considered for some time, an out of the way seldom used (for foot traffic) trail that will take you to the outskirts of almost any town/city. Not many have continuous access roads, so using a vehicle may not be practical. If you find yourself on foot they shouldn't be too bad.

as mentioned before carrying around a fancy assault rifle may not be the best idea, I would opt for a good .45 pistol, and a not too pretty milsurp bolt gun. Looking too well equipped will only make you a target. I am not going to war, just trying to get to my home/refuge.

Locusts? Scary mists? Or fog! Killer goats, there are many many things that can cause panic! Sorry, I couldn't help myself!:rolleyes:

OK, I know you're joking. :)

The real answer is that if food supplies run out in the cities (and there would be no deliveries, rioters would strip the stores in a day and delivery trucks wouldn't or couldn't get in) People will try to get out to escape robbing and looting gangs, and to try to find food and water. The cities will turn to chaos even if the power grid stays up and the water keeps flowing. Hungry people, and people under attack are desperate people.

If you find you're too late, or if you don't have a planned place to go, your best bet is to hunker down with all of your own supplies and defend it. Again, pile a bunch of junk outside the doors to make it appear your home has already been looted.

You really need a small group at your place to help defend. Everyone has to sleep sometime.

The time to prepare to eat, drink and defend is now, not when it's too late.

Hmm block small towns.

Lets take Silverton as an example of a small town. POP approx 10K surface area approx 3sq miles roughly 1 miles by 3 miles within this are there are at least 10 road and 2) railroad entrances if you were to attempt to block these routes some would have to be placed quite a way out of town to not allow them to be easily flanked.

And with Silverton being placed basically in farm land over land routes would be easy to force through in a half dozen other directions.

If you got real energenic and dropped the Bridges on Hwy 213 Hazel Green Rd. at the Pudding River. The bridges on Abiqua Creek at Hwy 214 and HWY 213 would help.

I don't see the ability to isolate most small towns at least not on the west side.

Like water people will follow the path of least resistence so if it takes effort to loot a small town due to people fighting back then mobs will move to easier pickings. Have no doubt it will be about mob violence but mobs only go after the weak. You may be able to flank a town with small arms but the price you would pay going house to house would be about ten to one against you.

What would the payoff be for the mob?

jj

If a significant amount people know about your preps start a disinfo campaign now. That you were wrong, that everything is going to be fine. That you sold off your stores of food and water. (Your preps should be in various places, not only your home.)

You meant well by telling people about the coming collapse and that they should prepare and now you have exposed yourself. In other words, take a clue from government and become a LIAR now. You know there will be no sustained recovery and that things are going to slowly get worse and worse. But act like the sheeple, in denial and delusion. If there is a cheese give-way go wait in line with the other lemmings. Dress in rags, avoid bathing. bubblegum and moan.

Don't think that just about everyone you tried to help with this information will be lining up to thank you. Nope. They will be lining up with their hand out or worse. Word that you were the guy who told everyone to store food will spread like wildfire post SHTF.

"say I know a guy who has trained with firearms and has preped for a crash so let's go take his stuff"

Good luck:s0112::s0112:

Disease will be the motivator for people to get out of dodge. All the dead will cause a real problem. Looters will kill and take what they want but it will only postpone their own death by a short while as the disease from dead corpses will kill them. Cholera comes to mind. However when the water system fails joe average is going to die from gardia or other dysentary induceing malidies. You will crap your self to death.

Oh
PS I did not come here for the Cotton Candy
I did not come here because of the prepped
I came here because there are PPL, with children, that are not prepped.
Armor your heart, think of you children, feed and protect them.

Oh
PS I did not come here for the Cotton Candy
I did not come here because of the prepped
I came here because there are PPL, with children, that are not prepped.
Armor your heart, think of you children, feed and protect them.

The road to h*ll is paved with good intentions.

When a band of merry men come to liberate your charitable supplies, you might not think that making a target of yourself by advertising your supplies was a good idea.

If a significant amount people know about your preps start a disinfo campaign now. That you were wrong, that everything is going to be fine. That you sold off your stores of food and water. (Your preps should be in various places, not only your home.)

You meant well by telling people about the coming collapse and that they should prepare and now you have exposed yourself. In other words, take a clue from government and become a LIAR now. You know there will be no sustained recovery and that things are going to slowly get worse and worse. But act like the sheeple, in denial and delusion. If there is a cheese give-way go wait in line with the other lemmings. Dress in rags, avoid bathing. bubblegum and moan.

Don't think that just about everyone you tried to help with this information will be lining up to thank you. Nope. They will be lining up with their hand out or worse. Word that you were the guy who told everyone to store food will spread like wildfire post SHTF.

I have started just such a Dis-information campaign, while at the same time I have put in for transfer in my job to a more rural area, where I can some property next to a national forest.

There are some people I know who are preppers, but most are as you stated obliveous as to what is going on in the world and or what they need to take care of themselves for even a week. They do no even have any bottled water or more than two weeks in their house. I have given up on them and do not talk to them about anything besides the normal sheeple conversations.

I had one person tell she talked to her husband and members of their church and they all believe God will provide, Not making fun here, but I beleive God gave us a brain and wants us to use like Joseph, my question most is go back re-read the book of joseph, and ask yourself what are of the people who did not put away food who were not his relatives, what is not mentioned is the hundreds of thousands who starved to death.

I have already decided when SHTF, i am going to be like everyone else sucking up everything I can, absorbing all of the resources available, be like everyone suck the system dry and then when it's all gone, disappear into my own little whole while the rest kill each other off.

only people who I would tell to bug out are those in big cities. in smaller towns like mine your better of organizing your neighbors and standing your ground. I live on a road in the hills of longview and due terrain there there are only 2 ways in. with a little help I could make it a fortress

My 2 cents as a soldier:
It always comes down to who has the high ground and who does not.
With no air assets, no arty, no mortars on the attacking side and equal forces on either side. High ground wins every time, it's a 10-1 advantage, even a 10 foot elevation advantage is enough.
Once you introduce more modern infantry weapons, all of a sudden the ballance shifts and the defenders must compensate. Start thinking of those compensations before you need them!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top