JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see all these threads on what guns and vehicle is the best to take when SHTF. What About a dog? I Have 4 Bullys (3 are Half AmericanBulldog(jackson) And RedNose Pit, And the other one is all rednose pit. That i trained to track and hunt as a pack and attack on command.

Just wondering what everyone else has.:D

Picture004.jpg

If my dog would ever listen to me, he'd probably make a good dog for that kind of situation. He's half chow, half lab, and is 6 months old and about 80 pounds.

I'll second the cattle dog. Smart as they get, fast and sharp. Small enough that the don't eat you out of house and home, especially if you don't have one. They offer warmth, companionship, defense and as a very last resort...sustenance.

Bullmastiff!

Ours is named Brinks (our home security system) and goes about 140lbs. Would chew through a wall to save my wife. Most likely would bring a stick to the guy that was after me....:)
Good chance the wife spoils him.....Geez, maybe I should start.

German shepherd we had when i was little was the best dog I ever met. She was great with us kids and did everything you told her. Never had to close our gate, she would always stop at the end of the driveway. Great guard dog too, attacked some drunk that hopped our fence one night.

guess its all in the upbringing tho.

I guess it would depend on where i ended up. if i was up in the woods ya know i'm going to say beagles. if nothing else they can help get the food not eat it all.:s0155: if i was going to be in a area that was well populated then i would go with a pitbull since i have owned them before that would be my choices.

In a SHTF survival type scenario...your big tough dog will simply get shot trying to protect you.

Assuming it doesnt get shot, you still have the logistical issues of feeding it and cleaning up after it.

Go ahead and laugh but the best "survival" dog might very well be my neurotic little toy poodle. He weighs about 7 lbs, eats only a handful of kibble per day, and his poop is about the size of a Tootsie roll. I can fit him in a coat pocket.

He is hyper alert. He lays on the back of the couch and looks out the front window all day. If anyone walks up to the door, he will bark at them. Its a shrill, annoying bark that is guranteed to wake me up.

I dont want a dog that will bite. All I want is a dog that will wake me up so that I can decide who needs to be bitten, and how hard.

Well if it comes to protecting me well my English Bulldog would stop almost anything. But when it comes to a warning well the wifes Frenchie can here a cricket fart and will let you know about it:s0114: While the English is snoring away.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top