JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So there's a S load of SHTF threads in here. I'm adding my own spin.

Which form of game would you select for your SHTF bunker, tent, cave, etc?

Oh and for everyone that wants to say they'd just f- all day, hahahaha, but what would you do after those first 2 minutes?

I'd keep a bunch of games like backgammon.

I think so primitive games would be easy to create like checkers, mancala, go, etc.

Duh! :D

DaVinci_Robot_Operation_BoardGame_2.png

After reading this and thinking for a bit, first thing that I could think of in a SHTF situation would be, would there be time to play games?

How bad of a SHTF situation are you talking? If it is really bad, I'm thinking the of the game "Whac-A-Mole" with a twist. In a really bad situation you'd be trying to stay alive. A head pop's up in your perimeter, you gotta assume it's a bad-guy looking to do you no good, so you "whack" it.

If your talking a mildly bad situation, fishing, hunting for food, stock piling more wood, channel surfing the news, etc.

After reading this and thinking for a bit, first thing that I could think of in a SHTF situation would be, would there be time to play games?

How bad of a SHTF situation are you talking? If it is really bad, I'm thinking the of the game "Whac-A-Mole" with a twist. In a really bad situation you'd be trying to stay alive. A head pop's up in your perimeter, you gotta assume it's a bad-guy looking to do you no good, so you "whack" it.

If your talking a mildly bad situation, fishing, hunting for food, stock piling more wood, channel surfing the news, etc.

That's the beauty of this question and all the other SHTF questions. It tells me a little bit about you and your ideas on what SHTF means.

In reality I've already been through a SHTF situation in the 1989 Loma prieta earthquake. No services for a week or so. I recall riding around on my bike flagging down electrical and gas workers. I think the likelihood that I'll be in another one is relatively low.

I don't subscribe to the idea that we'll all be cavemen or back into the hunter-gatherer epoch. Because of that, I anticipate I'll have some downtime... You know... Like the settlers sometimes had on the homestead in the lawless wild west.

Anyways, I'm going to hang out with Andy cause I could definitely do some D&D... Maybe 3rd edition tho.

Stratego, to find out who's playing for keeps
Uno to waste the time away
Quarto to see the thinkers
Chess to have some fun
Connect 4 for the younger group
Life b/c I'm board and money is involved
Monopoly to go to bed after winning but they don't know it yet...

Edit: Magic the Gathering bc I never learned how to play correctly.

Oh and for everyone that wants to say they'd just f- all day, hahahaha, but what would you do after those first 2 minutes?

I think so primitive games would be easy to create like checkers, mancala, go, etc.

Why limit yourself if you are going to be somewhere for a while might as well try to enjoy it and keep the brain savy. If you have enough time to prep your bug out, might as well prep for those as well.

Boggle, Clue, Catan, Cranium, Ticket to Ride, Ingenious, Exploding Kittens, Killer Bunnies....

Sorry, been discussed on this forum before! I am the proud possessor of a complete game of "Ghetto Opoly"
We have games, cards, survival reading and light reading books stored! Decks of cards in BOB's.

Nothing like a cribbage board or deck of cards for passing time with friends...
...or even playing with yourself (solitaire) if you're the only surviving human left on the face of the Earth ;)

upload_2018-1-3_22-35-42.png

Last Edited:
we keep at least three decks of cards handy at all times. the reason for three is some games require three combined ( Canasta) and some require doubles of the value (Pinochle) and a good book of rules WE PREFER HOYLES.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top