JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm updating the family's bobs and GHBs and am including cleaning kits for the various weapons we will have. Barrel swabbing and cleaning will be via bore snakes, patches will be included in the kit but I'm having an issue with the cleaning and oiling solutions. My thought is to include glass vials of both and eye droppers for application and volume control so none is wasted. The problem is that any solvent would eat away either the rubber of the dropper or the plastic of the pipette...I think.

The storage container I'll be using is 2x3x8 and is sealed so no scent can be detected through it by either man or beast(well, maybe beast) and it'll have one set of cleaning implements for each calibre we've got. The only snag is that storage of the liquids.

Break Free and Hoppe's both sell little 1 or 2oz bottles of their respective solutions. For a GHB or BOB, this should be all you need until you get to your main supplies.
For these applications, I would avoid glass due to the rough handling they receive. I keep both of them in my kits and refill as needed.

I found this system to very good for field and travel. Has brass brushes, coated cable for barrel cleaning, solvent and assorted attachments. Stowed it is about the size and weight of a pair of wool socks, cost less than 50 bucks and you use a patch up to 6 times.

<broken link removed>

Remoil wipes.
We use them all the time. They're individually wrapped and you can buy a big case of them or buy them by the dozen. Personally, I went with the case.
For on the go or SHTF gun maintenance, it's a great solution. I always have a few in my BOB and range bag.

remoilwipes.jpg r411remingtonremoilwhip.jpg

Amazon.com: REM REM-OIL 6"X8" WIPES 12/BC: Sports & Outdoors

+1 on Otis. You can buy general or specific cleaning systems and then add brushes, etc as needed. Handy and compact, they put a lot in a small package.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top