JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you break the SBR laws in SHTF? (Results hidden)

• Yes I would put a rifle lower on my pistol upper in a SHTF situation

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • No I would not make an illegal SBR under any circumstances

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I already have a legal SBR so it doesn't matter

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
The only reason I'd want one is concealability, and portability.

During the winter it could easily be concealed under a down jacket.

I guess in the grand scheme of things though a bull pup rifle would be just as concealable and portable without the disadvantages of the shorter barrel.

I'll bite:

At the point of complete disregard for all laws, safety, and personal freedoms, I wouldn't hesitate to break about any law that inhibited my life, or the life of my loved ones. This, of course, doesn't include rape/pillage/murder/mayhem, but I'm not going to fret over a little "illegal" weapon mod.

hat being said; until that day comes, I follow the rules.

X2 :s0155:

no-i would'nt-the biggest reason is --people would still want to carry the same way afterwords-- (for instance) i was a union man for 25 yrs,and everytime their was a strike:(--for 6 months everyone was still on strike after we came back to work !! i have a marlin guide 45/70:s0155: and 2 hi cap 9's, + sks---if i can't make it on this, then it's my turn to go !!
steven

The only reason I'd want one is concealability, and portability.

During the winter it could easily be concealed under a down jacket.

I guess in the grand scheme of things though a bull pup rifle would be just as concealable and portable without the disadvantages of the shorter barrel.

Agree with that last statement ORBrit. I voted no in the poll (I know you made it anonymous but I don't bother about that generally) and here's why: I have come to admire the capabilities and versatility inherent in the bull pup design (I'd take an AUG/MSAR over an SBR any day but plan on getting a FS2000 sometime this year). Concealable as well as an SBR? Probably not. Conceal as well as an AR pistol? No, but you've got 17"+ worth of barrel for the 150M-200M ranges that may pop up with a bull pup where you're stuck with 7.5"-12.5" barrels with the AR pistol/SBR. I won't have a locker full of arms to choose from (financial and logistical issues like most folks) so trying to decide on the right tools to fill the meager few spots I have is paramount.

That last, longwinded, statement was a specific response to what ORBrit originally asked. As far as the comments/discussion concerning the coolness factor of AR pistols and SBR's: yup, most certainly cool toys!

MSAR STG or E4 Steyr AUG type bullpup will give you the compact CQB package of a SBR with the ballistic advantages of the longer barrel and no $200 SBR Tax stamp required. problem solved. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top