JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking about this the other day. What happens if I'm in the shower, and someone decides to break in? Then I saw this meme today. Although its hilarious, but I'm seriously considering keeping a pistol in the bathroom now.

Screenshot_20200815-203011_Facebook.jpg

I was thinking about this the other day. What happens if I'm in the shower, and someone decides to break in? Then I saw this meme today. Although its hilarious, but I'm seriously considering keeping a pistol in the bathroom now.

View attachment 736234
The sight of my great girthness waddling around in my bathroom plus the overpowering stench of a job well done, should keep any near do well at bay!

I do not keep one in the shower but, being as I am home when most have gone to work I do keep a pistol on the shelf just outside of the shower. Keep the door open and fan is on so even my VERY hot showers don't cause a problem. I do also have the advantage of having a couple 4 pound "alarms" that would let me know if someone came in the house while I was in the shower. I have found that if something is being delivered they will ALWAYS come to the door when I turn the shower on :s0140:

When I lived in East Los Angeles, I'd sometimes bring the G19 and a cold beer into the shower after a hard day's work. A lot of crackheads, tweekers and gangbangers in those parts.

I have a gun in both my bathrooms a 357 Snub upstairs and a Walther PPX 40 downstairs, I am considering putting a revolver in a large Zip-lock for the shower, I could maybe manipulate the trigger while the gun is in the bag and shoot right thru it.

Worked with a guy that stoppped home during the day to pick up something, took a leak & later found a burgler had been in the house while he was taking a leak, the guy was hiding in the shower right behind him so I'd advise take it in & out with you. There were boot marks in the shower that weren't the owners.

View attachment 736234

I have an alarm system that's always on and every window and door in the house is hurricane rated, so I don't worry about being in the shower, I'll definitely hear something LONG before they get to me.

HOWEVER... I do have a small electronic push-button gun safe bolted to the wall right next to my front door that I keep my old Sig P226 in. It's quickly accessible so I can have it in my hand (behind my back) every time I answer the door. If it's a tree-trimmer soliciting to cut my trees or a Jehovah's Witness trying to turn me, they'll never know it was there, but if it's someone with bad intentions pretending to be a delivery guy, they'll have a very bad day.

Since there are kids in the house I, keep all the guns locked up, but this lets me have them in different parts of the house for quick access.

I don't bother. As I have said, I live in the boonies with almost no crime out here - my main intruders are mice. I leave doors unlocked, either intentionally or by forgetting. Reading about the intruders others encounter, I am glad I live where I do. It took some getting used to, but now I am probably a bit too lackadaisical about home security. :oops:

Alarm system on the house, with cameras that connect to my cell phone and tell me when a camera catches movement. Multiple gun safes too. I'm pretty proactive and try to not get to the point of sharing the bathroom with burglars.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top