JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL, I feel your pain :(. That is good site to bookmark though, thanks!

Yea, until you use all the ink in the printer printing targets...

Wife about throttled me and said it would be cheaper to order the color changing ones in bulk lol then replace the ink I used.

Put those orange stickers you get in packs to highlight the bullseye and went to town.

One big drawback to shooting at a range is no eggs, potatoes, spent shotgun shells, etc. as targets :( As much as that stinks, I don't have to mess with target stands because they're supplied for me - I just buy the targets I want and staple them up. I prefer the Shoot N See style as it's easier for me to spot my shots on the paper. For sighting in, I keep some 1" square grid targets on hand.

My goal some day is to have property I can shoot on with no worries about what I shoot, what I shoot at or concerns about other people that may ruin my day. Someday that may happen, but that day is not today :s0058:

Warm cans of diet Grapefruit soda, well shaken, explode like Vesuvius! 3-4 bucks a short case, and it's not wasteful either!

Who would drink that toxic krapp, anyway! :p:confused:o_O

Warm cans of diet Grapefruit soda, well shaken, explode like Vesuvius! 3-4 bucks a short case, and it's not wasteful either!

Who would drink that toxic krapp, anyway! :p:confused:o_O

I like to use stuff like that at home for slingshots and airguns - diet soda of any kind seems to be a nice reactionary target. Cheap cans of shaving cream are fun too.

Crackers work well too, and they are cheap. Then the blue jays come and it's time for round two. My daughter used to shoot thumb tacks off the top of the plywood targets with her 17. We also used to buy the giant bags of water balloons at the dollar store, her and her friends would blow them up and put them in a giant leafy bag, then we would staple them to the plywood.

I have a very modest target rig here at home.
target1.JPG target3.JPG
It has an aluminum base (on the right) I just use some extra sheathing for a surface. The little one is just made of wood.
target2.JPG target4.JPG
The sheathing holds up pretty well. Maybe a thousands rounds or so through these.

I save Gatorade bottles. When they're empty, fill with water and hi viz food coloring.
When the bottles are done, I remove the orange caps and shoot at those.
Staple the caps on their sides, to a 2x4, spaced about 4" apart.

The clean up is easy after your all done

For hanging paper targets, I found Challenge Targets' Range Pro and haven't looked back. It takes 1x2 furring strips, adjusts for the width of the target, and because the legs only touch the ground at their ends, the stand is quite stable on uneven ground. Challenge Targets Range-Pro Target Stand
ChallengeTargets.jpeg

We also plink at the little orange ball from Do-All Outdoors: ISDB4 – 4″ Dancing Ball Ground Bouncer
Trading shots while trying to keep it rolling is actually pretty good for skill-building, and it's fun:
ISDB411.png

I printed my own targets about 20 years ago but soon dropped that and, for a long time now, went to big targets, reversed with TargDots attached! Lots of individual dots on a single sheet lasts a long time before having to go down range and replace them! I'm able to buy the large sheet targets and dots at my gun club at a real price reduction!

Paper or Plastic??
When grocery shopping, I always grab a few paper bags at the checkout.
If you slide a knife down the side folds/across bottom folds of a still folded bag, both sides, you'll end up with 2 torso size pieces of paper.

They are great for ranges that don't allow human silhouette targets, and can be used for precision shooting by adding dots or pasters.
:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top