JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Harder more brittle metal?

Not exactly a knife,but I like it better than a machete
435_thumbnail_image.jpg

Woodman's Pal Store - Flat Rate Shipping

Yep, that's the US WW2 aircraft survival tool, good kit

Primary Sheath Knife worn around neck with a paracord tie: Skookum Bush Tool Mk. 1 in CPM 3V steel. 4" blade, zero degree scandi grind, full tang, tough as bubblegum.

Primary pocket knife, Red Victorinox SwissChamp:

Folder, Benchmade 610 Rukus in S30V:

Anti-personnel belt knife, Ka-Bar 1271 "Fighter" second from top:

"Always On." Buck Hartsook necker in S30V:

hartsook00.jpg

Chopper. Fiskars X7 Hatchet:

IMG_9432_2.jpg

Rapid deployment kydex for the hatchet:

2011Fiskars1.jpg

There is no way you can beat a Mora for the price. The carbon steel models have a blade second to none. Tho not full tang, most knives will hold up just as well as full tang if the user knows what they are doing.Why pay 150.00 for a knife when a 15.00 0ne will equal it in performance.Good advertising sells knives.;) I make my own knives now, but have owned many high end knives over my many years.Most were ok, but over hyped in their ads.I have made several knives from Gerber and Kershaw reject blades, and they won't compare to a Mora for cutting and more important holding an edge.That Scandavian steel is as good as it gets.Another good folding knife that isn't seen in most forums is the French made Opinel.Killer knife. Get the carbon steel #8 or 9 model for around 15.00.

Not a knife, but in the cutting family is a good bow saw. It will cut through small logs faster and with less effort than an Axe or chopper,or a saw back knife.

If SHTF I would certainly want more than one knife on me.

I carry a ToolLogic SLP2 for EDC

In my GHB is a Cold Steel Survival Edge with fire making materials in the handle. It is lightweight and sharp, the blade is not heavy duty, but it only has to get me home, not last for years in the mountains. My GHB is geared towards light weight, moving fast and light, short term emergency survival.

For more serious all around survival and bushcraft use I have a Gerber Prodigy.

I also have other knives, including a Gerber LMF II, but again, light weight is a consideration, and the Prodigy is almost the same knife as the LMF II, will do many of the same things, but is noticeably lighter.

So I would have to say for SHTF or just out hunting, I would have the TL SLP2 in my pocket, the CS Survival Edge in my pack, and the Prodigy either on my hip or attached to some kind of suspenders or load carrying gear such that it would be handy.

The Prodigy is not the best knife, but it is a pretty good knife and a pretty good value.

c26-B000XH5H6W-1-l.jpg

Before that I had a CS SRK, and I still have it, but it is not my primary bushcraft knife - I like the pattern of the Prodigy blade better.

Mora knives are very nice. I have a number of them.

I recently bought the Companion MG for $13. Pretty good value for that. Nice little camp knife. Good handle, green plastic sheath. I put the blade in some vinegar to put a non-reflective patina on it - turned out well.

I am collecting a number of knives for barter and for gifts if SHTF so that everybody I care about around me would have at least a serviceable knife and not have to borrow any.

For the cost of one Fallkniven or ESEE, you can get 10 Moras. Not every knife you own or your group owns, has to be some indestructible thing you baton wood with. Something simple that can be used to cut cordage, whittle on some wood, process game with, would be sufficient for most uses.

Self reliance Essentials
Aureus: Jackal Tomahawk
K9 pommel with short fang and G10 Grips
High bainite Carbon 1095 steel
1.5 lbs
14" Length

With MOLLE attachable sheath

Zero Tolerance ZT0100 with Veff serrations
Blade Length: 5 3/4" (14.6 cm)
Blade Thickness: 0.190"
Overall Length: 10 1/2" (26.7 cm)
Blade Material: CPM3V tool-steel with Tungsten DLC coating
Scales: 3-D machined, G-10 in matte black
Weight: 11.4 oz. (21.0 oz. with sheath)
Includes, but not pictured is a nylon sheath with MOLLE compatible, multi-carry configuration webbing and universal pouch that currently houses my blackwash Zero Tolerance ZT0350

Benchmade SOCP Dagger 176BK (Sheath not shown). Entire length of the blade sharpened by Mr. Veff.

59095_10151292234014406_1157171965_n_zpsf5f54e94.jpg 205610_10151292235859406_644058607_n_zpsce5b6efd.jpg 558041_613575258700132_1889369768_n_zpscab44039.jpg benchmade_zps1cce99c4.jpg

Last Edited:
I think I'd just take my Halberd. Especially to a Zombie Apocalypse.Can you imagine how many zombies one could mow down with this thing? I'm going to have to practice more with it...

halberd.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads