JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK so we have all seen the guns for this subject so lets see your SHTF knife. We all know that a good knife is just as important as a good gun so let me see what you would bring to the game. Mine is the Western W49, its big and badaxx in any situation. DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1242.jpg

Here is my SHTF knife. Ontario RTAKII, It was spensive:(, close to $90 but I am hoping that it is big enough to do everything I need it to do and hold up nicely. They have excellent reviews online and the few other Ontario knives I own I have been impressed with so far!:s0155:

In my ohbubblegumbag I have a leatherman mut and that gerber knife endorsed by that Limey bear that has the magnesium fire starter snd sharpening stone. In my pocket I always carry either a zt 300 or my kershaw blur that thing is a workhorse best knife I've ever had! Oh and on my belt is almost always a leatherman of sorts

I cannot consider one knife for SHTF.. one can be a camp beater, one a deer skinner, one a fighter but not really all in one if you want optimal. Yes I have about 100 knives and swords, not to mention pikes, spears and pole axes

If I had to choose two one would be the cheap Pakastani bowie and the other would be a Junglee Hattori Fighter or better. But an Ontario machete would be primary

Here is my SHTF knife. Ontario RTAKII, It was spensive:(, close to $90 but I am hoping that it is big enough to do everything I need it to do and hold up nicely. They have excellent reviews online and the few other Ontario knives I own I have been impressed with so far!:s0155:

I like that.Been looking at a few different brands.
But that's kinda cute saying $90 is an expensive knife. Wish I would keep that in mind when I knife shop.

Here's mine.. I use to carry one around with me when I was in West Africa.. They are not only used for cutting bananas...

tumblr_m2szhp5w5u1qgby98.jpg

Ontario USGI mil spec machete.. I prefer the 18 inch because they are much better at taking down trees (I have done so in a pinch when they were blocking a 4 x 4 path) but I have a few 12 inchers too. Lethal weapons and great all around tools

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that.Been looking at a few different brands.
But that's kinda cute saying $90 is an expensive knife. Wish I would keep that in mind when I knife shop.

There is a blade torture site with vids where $400 knives have failed and the $20 Cold Steel Kukri (basically heat treated sheet metal) survived to the end. Surprised the heck out of me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top