JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Reno give the MDT LSS Gen2 RF chassis a look. Just dropped my Tikka T1x into one and am very impressed. Looks like a Rugged Oculus hanging off the end of the barrel? Great looking setup!
Just traded for a Savage B22 in the MDT chassis. Larger than I thought it would be. It's that or the Bravo stock. Might go with the bravo. Still undecided.

You are correct, Rugged Oculus.

KRG Bravo is a sharp looking setup and a much nicer price point. Wasn't an option for me as I have plans to SBR this Tikka T1x and wanted the shorter forearm and folding stock option of the MDT.

How do you like your Oculus? I just put two into jail. I have their Obsidian can and am very impressed with it.

KRG Bravo is a sharp looking setup and a much nicer price point. Wasn't an option for me as I have plans to SBR this Tikka T1x and wanted the shorter forearm and folding stock option of the MDT.

How do you like your Oculus? I just put two into jail. I have their Obsidian can and am very impressed with it.
Really nice can. It's between it and the Mask for best sound and tone. It wins for the fact I can make it small and it does just as good small on 16" or longer barrels.

The Savage I traded for might become a project gun. It might get SBRd and such. Likely similar idea to what your thinking! Itty bitty chassis gun, short accurate barrel with a full size can tucked into the chassis, folding stock, red dot. Fun!

Sounds like a very similar build. I haven't decided on whether I am going LPVO or red dot yet. Leaning red dot as LPVO is going to be on 1x almost all the time unless shooting something 50 yards or further out due to the parallax issue so might as well go with a red dot.

Already have a Mask which is my current favorite rimfire can for any non-pistol use. Engergetic Arms Nyx Mod 2 is my favorite pistol can. Looking forward to adding the Oculus to the stable and good chance it is run primarily in the short configuration. Excited to get it out of jail now after your glowing words of praise.

Long story sorta short.
In 2005 after returning home from a successful elk hunt in eastern Oregon, I got into an extremely rare gun "show and tell" with Mom. She said, "If I could go back in time I would have liked to learn how to shoot." She grew up in a time and place where guns were tools, ammunition was for feeding the family and that duty was taken care of by her brothers. Her 72nd birthday was in a couple of weeks and I had a plan.
I bought a little Henry 22 lever, added a set of Weaver bases and rings and swiped the old Redfield 2 3/4 off of my wife's 243. You should'a seen the look on Mom's face when she opened it up. She actually looked perturbed! Later, after shooting it with Dad, she thanked me for the opportunity to do something she thought she'd never get to do. After that, Dad would always bring Mom's 22 to family gatherings for us to shoot. Mom would shoot 5 rounds at some point, otherwise rather enjoying watching all of her family shoot HER gun.
Seven years ago Mom let me take it for teaching my grandson to shoot. We love the crap outta this gun.

shooting.jpg Henry a.jpg Henry b.jpg

Go big on the ridiculous
View attachment 1098745
I traded for a Savage in the same chassis, I'll see how I like it and if I'll go with it for the CZ. The CZ does great as is in the non bedded Boyd's stock. I can only imagine what a chassis or bedding would do. I might try polar bedding it myself. Here is a 10 shot group at 50.

73FB1464-B476-4CB7-936D-66988BF755FB.jpeg 75EDE480-DEDB-43C3-8557-3C1FC6F9F172.jpeg

Long story sorta short.
In 2005 after returning home from a successful elk hunt in eastern Oregon, I got into an extremely rare gun "show and tell" with Mom. She said, "If I could go back in time I would have liked to learn how to shoot." She grew up in a time and place where guns were tools, ammunition was for feeding the family and that duty was taken care of by her brothers. Her 72nd birthday was in a couple of weeks and I had a plan.
I bought a little Henry 22 lever, added a set of Weaver bases and rings and swiped the old Redfield 2 3/4 off of my wife's 243. You should'a seen the look on Mom's face when she opened it up. She actually looked perturbed! Later, after shooting it with Dad, she thanked me for the opportunity to do something she thought she'd never get to do. After that, Dad would always bring Mom's 22 to family gatherings for us to shoot. Mom would shoot 5 rounds at some point, otherwise rather enjoying watching all of her family shoot HER gun.
Seven years ago Mom let me take it for teaching my grandson to shoot. We love the crap outta this gun.

View attachment 1098651 View attachment 1098652 View attachment 1098653
Sweet story, cool pictures and thank you for sharing!

Cate

I have a thread devoted to a project/present 22 rifle. Until today I never thought about posting it here, too.
Beat up Marlin 22LR I bought because it seemed like an easy fix up present for my grandson.
The five year old kid shooting Mom's Henry in post #346 is now twelve, turned last Thursday.
Took a year of on again/off again labor, but it turned out pretty nice.
If the stars align correctly, he'll get to shoot it for the first time Saturday.
Here's a before and after pic.

20201212_153341.jpg Done.jpg

Yup. We got a chance to shoot last weekend. First shot on Saturday.
The first shot.jpg
He sighted it in at 20 yards and then we both had fun with it shooting from that close to the gong at 100 yards. The rifle worked flawlessly and seemed to be pretty darn accurate.

As an aside, we were shooting from an older bulk box of Federal that had given me some poor results previously, but every round ignited and the report sounded the same for all rounds.
Hmmm...

I've got a few, but this is the blingiest. ' 82 39A that I swapped stocks for Century LTD wood and a Black & Gold Skinner sight. One of these days I'll remember to get a good pic outside that shows off the grain better.
PXL_20210302_091847803 (2).jpg

@Norwestr55 do you have a link to where you sourced that wood stock set? Absolutely stunning and something I would like to replicate on my 39A.
I bought the set from Numrich Gun parts quite a few years ago for about $100, but the word was out about them, and they sold out pretty quickly. I'd bet that there's got to be some out there though that didn't get fitted and may be available. There's a set on Ebay that someone is asking a LOT for, and it's not one of the nicer grained sets that I've seen. Maybe watch there and Gunbroker,plus you might put up a post on Rimfire Central/Marlin Lever Guns that you're looking for the Numrich set. That's where I heard about it. The fore end is inlet for an octagonal bbl, so it takes a lot of carefull sanding (7-8 hrs for mine) to make it fit, but it will fit. On mine, the butt fit perfectly without any alteration. The original 39A Century LTD stock set isn't the same stock set as these, but there's a company making repros of those in black walnut that might be nice finished. I'll keep my eyes open for a set. Good luck!

Ebay Set
Gunville Repro Set
Marlin Lever Guns