JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brother and I went out to the range, he decided to try my CM-2:

1611008303433.png

Geco 22 LR match ammo, iron sights, 50 yds. He broke the cardinal rule: Never outshoot a man with his own rifle. But I'll still keep him.

I just opened the barn door

Attachments

• Beeman .20 calber R10.jpg
    Beeman .20 calber R10.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Kimber of Oregon .22.jpg
    Kimber of Oregon .22.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Marlin 39A.jpg
    Marlin 39A.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Rem 341.jpg
    Rem 341.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Rem 512.jpg
    Rem 512.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Ruger  10-22.jpg
    Ruger 10-22.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Ruger 10-22 Sportwr.jpg
    Ruger 10-22 Sportwr.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Spikes ST 22 Hers jpg.jpg
    Spikes ST 22 Hers jpg.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Spikes ST 22 Mine.jpg
    Spikes ST 22 Mine.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 154
Nothing special to most people, but this 10/22 has spent a lot of time in the woods and a lot of kids have gotten a lot of trigger time with it. It's also my preferred grouse getter. It is one of the few guns I can never part with. All stock parts except for the old Leupold scope and a SKS sling I picked up somewhere.

20210130_203444.jpg

Nothing special to most people, but this 10/22 has spent a lot of time in the woods and a lot of kids have gotten a lot of trigger time with it. It's also my preferred grouse getter. It is one of the few guns I can never part with. All stock parts except for the old Leupold scope and a SKS sling I picked up somewhere.

View attachment 817364

Well, tell you what my friend, The Ruger 10/22 has been VERY special to around 6 million buyers so far.
And I can only agree that Ruger has done very well when they issued that version. I sure like mine:

2yAYS2U.jpg

I "Won" my first .22S, L, LR. It was a Winchester 67A. My Dad was stationed in West Germany at a place called Darmstadt and there was a Rod & Gun Club, which hosted everything in the way of shooting events. The Trap Shooters got their shooting in early so they could open the Beer Kegs as early as possible. Once the Trap Shooters were done a couple of us young shooters would take a walk out where the Birds would land, especially those which hadn't been broken! Well we had a deal with the Range Master that for every unbroken bird we were able to turn in to him we would get a Penny! BIG Money for a ten year old kid in 1960. Well I collected my Quarter and took it out in front of the Club House and took my chance shooting MoSkeeto Trap. This was shot with a Smooth Bore .22LR Remington being fired at a reduced sized Bird. I managed to break 4 out of 5 and that was good enough to win the Turkey! I took the Certificate over to my Dad and he took me in and showed it to my Mom, saying "Well, he's putting food on the table so I guess it's time."

Dad took me into the Club House and a Winchester Model 67A Boys Rifle came home with me that day - still have one! And, if this whole "Bug" ever ends I just might have to take it out to the Range again!

Thanks for the reminder!!!

Kimber of Oregon Government Model 82. (Made in Colton Oregon)
This was the rifle I used to compete with back in my high school days on the rifle team. (not same rifle, but same model.)
Such a sweet shooter.

tempImage4IV7tg.png

Last Edited: