JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Working on a few of the Mark IV versions to smooth 'em out and reduce trigger pull a bit:
xdRNWsrl.jpg
Volquartsen LLV:
GaXOfvWl.jpg
Browning Buckmark Contour:
qrO2j44l.jpg
Model 41:
uyNSDByl.jpg
Mark III 22/45 Suppressed w/prototype bolt to shoot CCI Quiet exclusively:
YVP4SsLl.jpg

Insert evil, sinister laugh....

66EB8167-3923-463E-AA95-3BC4E93F888D.jpeg

Had to put the bipod on just to stabilize it for a photo.

Did anybody have a chance to try new CCI Quiet-22 Semi-Auto ammo?

View attachment 558891
Late response..

Yes. Works good through a bolt. I've found the Semi-pistols can be hit and miss on these. Aguila 40gr works good, but also the CCI Standard being 1070fps from a rifle is the best subsonic I have found for rifle and pistol platforms..... especially suppressed. Near 100% reliability as best as we can expect with rimfire ammo.

Added some matching Hogue grips, installed a TandemKross magazine disconnect bypass plus an EGW rear dovetail sight base for the Venom.

Much better. Lower sight, easier to pull up and a comfortable grip across all 1911 style gripped pistols I have.

030D2BC0-5E8B-4CC0-ADC7-18B5C4C8916B.jpeg

Did anybody have a chance to try new CCI Quiet-22 Semi-Auto ammo?

View attachment 558891

Don't remember if I posted it here or not and just saw this. I bought a couple boxes during the great panic years ago. Just curiosity. Stuff is quiet. At the indoor first time I was alone so could take protection off and it was not uncomfortable loud. Would be great for people who wanted pest control where it was legal to shoot but they did not want to annoy neighbors. Tried it in 2 Ruger MK's and shocking it worked. Does not cycle the slide but I can manually cycle each time with no problem. Stuff was amazingly accurate in the 2 pistols I tried.

View attachment 540447
Colt .22 Conversion Kit from the late 1940s-early 1950s installed on a 1949 Colt Government Model
The .22 Conversion Kit has a "floating chamber" that increases recoil to more closely simulate the recoil of .45 ACP. The floating chamber was designed by David Marshall "Carbine" Williams. .......
The "floating chamber" idea appealed to me but I didn't really care for the need to replace the entire slide and everything above the frame since the conversion had enough energy to cycle a steel slide. Seemed it should be possible to make a conversion that utilized the original slide etc. Granted, there are issues like centerfire vs rimfire, extractor location etc. but those all seemed resolvable.
20190720_130108.jpg
So I made one. This is my Springfield 1911 converted to .22rf along with the only pieces not used. The barrel and magazine. It works, full function albeit with less recoil. No modifications to the gun. I thought it was a really cool idea but could never find anyone with money who thought so too. Maybe that's why THEY have money LOL. As my luck would have it, I got it working just in time for the .22 drought a few years ago. Then a couple of years ago, I stirred the pot again to see if I could find any interest in producing it. I did get an inquiry from Remington so I sent them my prototype. My luck again, just in time for their big financial reorganization. They never actually tried it. At least they sent it back. It needs some improvement in reliability which I'm sure is doable but I proved it can be made to function. So, having squandered as much time, effort and money as I could, I put it away. I just like to talk about it now and then.;)