JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
%z0M8qvwR3eIp8NiQ4NCUg.jpg IMG_3347.JPG

I do love some rimfire shooting. The MKIII & MKIV by far my favorite. Last weeks range trip, each is 80 rounds. Of course this is with the electronic sights. When I take them off and use the irons they become more like patterns these days :)

22s.jpg 22tar.jpg

Last Edited:
I like rimfires and have my fair share. Light on photos available at the moment, so I will have to add more when I have them out.

CZ 75 Kadet 2
A9B99FE4-44C5-4401-B1A3-DED65F93B0D6.jpeg

Yv4njeh.jpg
Jennings J-22
The second gun I ever bought, back in the early 1980s. What a piece of junk, but I couldn't afford much else. In addition to being malfunction-prone, these things are dangerous
JENNINGS FIREARMS
MODEL J-22,
22 LONG RIFLE CALIBER SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL

WARNING: These pistols may create an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CONDITION and a POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS INJURY by firing when dropped.

This model pistol trigger/disconnector bar and sear level may have too small a gap between them such that a sharp movement of the slide rearward could cause the weapon to discharge without the trigger being pulled.

The discharge is created by the moving slide impacting the disconnector and driving the trigger bar/disconnector rearward into the cam lever before it can pivot downward and out of alignment.

and have caused multi-million dollar lawsuits, so I won't use it or sell it to anyone. It sits quietly in my safe, a reminder of my younger days.

FtDDSKv.jpg
Whitney Wolverine
I got this at an Oregon Arms Collectors show. Looks great but unfortunately mine isn't very reliable. Still looks great though.

XaDR7I9.jpg
Manurhin PP
I got this at a pawn shop. It is a license-built Walther PP. Walther made the parts and then they were shipped to France for finishing and assembly.

Walther's original factory was located in Zella-Mehlis in the state (Land) of Thuringia, in present-day eastern Germany. As that part of Germany was occupied by the Soviet Union following World War II, Walther was forced to flee to West Germany, where they established a new factory in Ulm. However, for several years following the war, the Allied powers forbade any manufacture of weapons in Germany. As a result, in 1952, Walther licensed production of the PP series pistols to a French company, Manufacture de Machines du Haut-Rhin, also known as Manurhin. The French company continued to manufacture the PP series until 1986. In fact, all postwar European-made PP series pistols manufactured until 1986 were manufactured by Manurhin, even though the pistol slide may bear the markings of the Walther factory in Ulm.

k7vgQYE.jpg
Colt .22 Conversion Kit from the late 1940s-early 1950s installed on a 1949 Colt Government Model
I got this from a guy in north central Oregon. I drove several hours to his place in the middle of nowhere to buy an M1 Carbine. He offered this kit to me at a reasonable price so I bought it too. Then I bought the 1949 Colt to install it on. Just shows a "good deal" can end up making you spend more money.

The .22 Conversion Kit has a "floating chamber" that increases recoil to more closely simulate the recoil of .45 ACP. The floating chamber was designed by David Marshall "Carbine" Williams. Williams also designed the short-stroke piston gas system used in the M1 Carbine.

Uwy7L0Q.jpg
Ruger Single Six Convertible
The first revolver I bought, back in the 1980s. Simple to operate, accurate, and fun to shoot. When I take new shooters shooting it is always the first gun I have them shoot. That includes my own kids when they were little, seen here with my dad at The English Pit in Vancouver:
2uoto92.jpg

Here they are several years later:
sffaxt.jpg

NqFvUG1.jpg
1920 Colt Police Positive Target
I bought this from a fellow Northwest Firearms member several years ago, back when he could just ship to me without going through an FFL. Unfortunately after I received it I discovered it has a bulged barrel (the seller swears he didn't know the barrel is bulged and I believe him). Fortunately, it still shoots very well. I used to use this as one of the guns I use to teach new shooters, but I found many women had a lot of trouble with the double-action trigger, so I decided to get a revolver with a nicer double-action trigger (below):

n1cO3Jw.jpg
S&W Model 18
I got this specifically to introduce new shooters to double-action revolvers. I wanted a S&W K-frame because they have much nicer double-action triggers than S&W J-frames.

FsyvluI.jpg
Browning 1911-22
This is 85% of the size of a standard 1911. It came with both brown and pink grips. I got it for my daughter to shoot, hence the pink grips. She calls it "my Brownie".

lOZKJzY.jpg
Browning Challenger
This is the original Belgian (FN)-made Challenger produced from 1962 to 1975. I got it complete with the original red and black plastic box at a local auction. It came with only one magazine and magazines for the original Challenger are scarce and expensive (around $100 on Ebay) so I made several magazines by modifying inexpensive and available Beretta Neos magazines.

MlzbNRC.jpg
Browning Buck Mark
I got this used at a gun show. A descendant of the Browning Challenger and a nice shooter. I use it to train new shooters.

KwVTEzW.jpg
S&W Model 22A
I got this used at a gun show for around $120 I think, complete with the case and 3 magazines. Also used to train new shooters.

UCfrLB3.jpg
S&W SW22 Victory
Sportsman's Warehouse had these on sale but my local store was out of stock. I ordered from their web site at the sale price and picked it up at my local store a couple of days later. New shooters like the fiber optic sights.

JNYpV3U.jpg
S&W M&P 22 Compact Threaded Barrel with Crimson Trace laser
I bought this to give new shooters the experience of shooting a concealed carry size pistol with a laser. I bought it at a gun show and as I was driving away I got a call from my wife telling me the dealer I had bought it from (he only had my home phone number) wanted me to come back to the gun show right away. It turns out he had accidentally charged my credit card $3,890 instead of $389. I was glad he caught the error right away.

By the way, because of its threaded barrel that pistol might be classified as an "assault weapon" in Oregon in the future.

Last Edited: