JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Borrowed this image - Got this as a gift. Very nice blaster.
Blackwater Firearms Sentry 12

1607009972524.png

Those are sweet ArticRotwiler.
I wanted one when I was a kid. It seemed like a British Sports Car, compared to the "Ford's and Chevy's" offered by Remington and Winchester (oddly enough, I almost ended up with an 870 when I was a teen).
I notice one of those guns has a different fore end stock than the other.
Is that the later gun, or is that a replacement piece?
I remember 37's having the smaller grooved fore end.

Dean

Those are sweet ArticRotwiler.
I wanted one when I was a kid. It seemed like a British Sports Car, compared to the "Ford's and Chevy's" offered by Remington and Winchester (oddly enough, I almost ended up with an 870 when I was a teen).
I notice one of those guns has a different fore end stock than the other.
Is that the later gun, or is that a replacement piece?
I remember 37's having the smaller grooved fore end.

Dean
I believe the difference in fore ends is due to manufacture year and/or model "type". These are the original parts as far as I know - we got them in the late 70s from my uncle (a gun dealer). He even offered to replace the stock on mine because it has a huge chip at the end. The 37 classic came with the corn cob fore end (my first owned). The "younger" model was the 37 Deer Slayer - I bought it off my dad when he could no longer hunt. I haven't finished the researching them, but they are strange in that the only thing I see that differentiates the Deer Slayer is the barrel. If you took the barrel off both guns, the only differences would be the serial numbers (and there locations), the fore ends, the checkered stock and Ithaca logo.

Typically you put the recoil pad more in your chest off center and stand squared to your target. Which shortens your lop and allows a better grip on your forend.
How do you get your head down on the stock in that position?
Never mind, I went back and watched the video again. I see what you're getting at.
Strange way to aim a gun, though. :s0092:

Dean

Last Edited:
I believe the difference in fore ends is due to manufacture year and/or model "type". These are the original parts as far as I know - we got them in the late 70s from my uncle (a gun dealer). He even offered to replace the stock on mine because it has a huge chip at the end. The 37 classic came with the corn cob fore end (my first owned). The "younger" model was the 37 Deer Slayer - I bought it off my dad when he could no longer hunt. I haven't finished the researching them, but they are strange in that the only thing I see that differentiates the Deer Slayer is the barrel. If you took the barrel off both guns, the only differences would be the serial numbers (and there locations), the fore ends, the checkered stock and Ithaca logo.
I like the story behind your acquiring those guns. Its always better when you can connect a good story to how you got a gun.
Is the Deer Slayer barrel smooth bore, too?
It is interesting how the sights on the Deer Slayer seem to be the same as the older gun.

Dean

I like the story behind your acquiring those guns. Its always better when you can connect a good story to how you got a gun.
Is the Deer Slayer barrel smooth bore, too?
It is interesting how the sights on the Deer Slayer seem to be the same as the older gun.

Dean
That's not original barrel, I have a rib barrel w/ screw in chokes on it now for trap. Until I bought the gun, I thought the deerslayer barrel was rifled...it's not. But it does have iron sights and groves for mounting a scope. Where I grew up, you could only hunt deer with shotgun slugs. My Uncle knew I would be hunting birds as well so my sweet 16 wasn't a Deerslayer model.

# blurred.jpg

Remington 870 Tactical with Blackhawk recoil reduction stock + Burris FF mini red dot/riser(my first ever full caliber long gun from years ago). I'm experimenting with the red dot & I like it a lot so far. I just don't know yet if it'll hold zero, or if it's tough enough to handle the recoil long term.......

3C61D5C2-F7C9-43BF-999F-D70205EFB43B.jpeg
not the greatest pic, but, a Remington 870 Express magnum (all steel internals, no plastic except the trigger guard/housing) with a Mesa tactical sidesaddle and a Mesa tactical Urbino stock. Also has a Hogue tamer overmolded forend that's been trimmed down to allow for the ATI steel heat shield. Additionally, has the 8 round mag tube. I just got my new Wolff spring for that, and it has an MCarbo steel follower.

Current shotgun project, needs new trigger and bolt, or maybe just needs some polishing done on what's there. There's a little bit of damage to the wood inside the forend where the arms sit, and I am trying to figure out a way to repair that instead of replacing the furniture, as the wood stuff is difficult to find. Anyhow, it's a 70s era Mossberg 500 that I put a new spring, follower and heat shield on so far, along with replacing all the screws and pins.
247113FF-C2E5-4825-9F15-4BA97582D8D4.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads