JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Assuming you may be using your shotgun for HD:

Have you tried maneuvering in your home with you shotgun sling loaded with shells? I bought one and loaded it with shells and found very difficult to maneuver with shot shells in the sling. I bought a 50 round bandolier instead that I can throw over my shoulder.
View attachment 727210
12 gauge 9 pellet 00 buckshot, Winchester segmenting slugs turned in the opposite direction.

I have, and fortunately for me, there's very little maneuvering to do. I live in a singlewide mobile home, and I can maneuver pretty well throughout the place. The sling plus all that buckshot makes it heavy as heck, though. My home defense plan right now is reliant on my .380 being enough gun because everything else is in the safe, though naturally if I have time every gun comes out for New York reloads. Fortunately, as my plan is to retreat to the bedroom at one end of the trailer (the room with the gun safe), the other end faces the brick walls on the back of a nearby strip mall. That gives me near two stories vertically and 50 yards left to right of backstop when facing my bedroom door (the internal trailer walls are effectively irrelevant). It also helps that a collection of run-down trailers in a run-down park just isn't inviting for most crooks. I have to use home carry for the .380 and a safe because I do have a roommate who has admitted he is not firearms savvy and doesn't wish to be. So, at least for right now, that's the compromise. Can't get rid of the roommate either. For all his other flaws, he pays his share of the rent on time, and in this time of uncertain employment, my landlord has generously raised everyone's rent... :cool:

I need to get off my butt and add a mag tube extension and a light for HD.

HK12.JPG

Assuming you may be using your shotgun for HD:

Have you tried maneuvering in your home with you shotgun sling loaded with shells? I bought one and loaded it with shells and found very difficult to maneuver with shot shells in the sling. I bought a 50 round bandolier instead that I can throw over my shoulder.
View attachment 727210
12 gauge 9 pellet 00 buckshot, Winchester segmenting slugs turned in the opposite direction.
Yes... carrying shells on the sling and even on the shottie itself can be a problem for maneuver esp. in tight spaces.. the bandoleer is probably the best way to carry extra rounds... a sack of shells can also be useful, if not quite as secure... I like keeping the weapon as light and handy as possible...

My pump 12 ga. is a Mossberg 500, branded by Coast-to-Coast Hardware purchased in late '70s.

Rebarrled, hand grip stock, shell holder added with other changes. Loaded with Aguila 1 3/4" buckshot.

8 in the tube, 12 in the shell holder. Ready for home defense.

shotgun.jpg

Last Edited:
My pump 12 ga. is a Mossberg 500, branded by Coast-to-Coast Hardware purchased in late '70s.

Rebarrled, hand grip stock, shell holder added with other changes. Loaded with Aguila 1 3/4" buckshot.

8 in the tube, 12 in the shell holder. Ready for home defense.

View attachment 728117
:eek: Should work! Have you had any cycling issues with the shorty Aguila rounds? Some have reported this, IF you did how did you fix it? bad*ss lookin rig!

:eek: Should work! Have you had any cycling issues with the shorty Aguila rounds? Some have reported this, IF you did how did you fix it? bad*ss lookin rig!
I bought the insert for the action, well more than one anyways. It's just a little rubber insert to keep from double feeding issue.

I have heard that some do have that issue with some other brand but Mossberg modifications seems easiest to deal with by installing a insert shorting the eject/loading port with an angled rubber mini block.

Genuine Remington 870 MCS (manufactured as a normal shotgun). Got it direct from a Remington employee in 2014. It has metal Benelli follower instead of the orange plastic one. Over the years, it had the Remington metal folding stock (it sucks), Sage International telescopic stock, and the Remington RemLock stock. I've stuck with the field stock and sold all the other stocks.
1597471435055.png
Benelli Supernova with the Trijicon SRO. Only thing upgraded on it is a metal follower and hammer.
1597471802277.png
Franchi SAS-12. Super lightweight and points very naturally.
1597473583082.png

Last Edited:
Maverick 88 12 ga security.....now has pistol grip and sling
Maverick 88 20 ga youth
Neither has been shot

Attachments

• Maverick 12 ga1.jpg
    Maverick 12 ga1.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 20200715_174108.jpg
    20200715_174108.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 151
Upgrade alert! ;o)

Swapped out the SB Tactical SBM4 set up for the Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod2 adjustable set up. Small, compact, well built and super functional! Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. Loving it so far!

20201202_212319_HDR.jpg 20201202_212254_HDR.jpg 20201202_211640_HDR.jpg

How do you guys shoulder such short stocks?
I looked at a Keystone Crickett the other day and I couldn't get the stock to even touch my shoulder!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top