JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SSS

20170215_193226.jpg

My pump collection is rather limited and pretty basic:

First year production Browning BPS with a spare barrel set up for turkey or slugs.

BPS.jpg

Mossberg 500 ATP with a 20-inch barrel, utilitarian oil finish and Parkerizing. The heat shield is blued because they sent the wrong finish and I never bothered to correct the error.

M500 ATP.jpg

Mossberg 88 w/FDE furniture in .12ga. It needs a pistol grip me thinks!:rolleyes: I named this one El Companero.

oxxe0zz.jpg

Last Edited:
I have always liked the looks of those...thanks for sharing.
I owned a Ward's Western Field at one time...the barrel had been "bobbed" to 20 inches..and it was a slick handling shotgun...lots of fun , for sure...
Andy
Ya know I had one of those Western Fields- a 12 ga shell blew up in the chamber when I shot at some carrion birds while I was dong security at a gold mine.. the result was broken guide rod/action bar and a shell swelled so bad it had to be pounded out with a rod down the barrel. I salvaged what I could off it and sent the rest down an abandoned 700ft mine shaft, where it joined decades of trash and garbage...
Considered myself fortunate that the thing held together and didnt tear me a new face!

Got three pumper-humpers... and no camera... 2 12 ga Remingtons, one in 28" mod which I havent used in literally decades.. strictly for hunting birds, of which there are none here really. The other 870 is one I had fixed up for patrol duties and security work. 18" bbl with poly choke unit attached, ghost ring sights and tritiums.. extended mag tube, sling attached. Does slugs very well. My other pump is a Mossie 500 with 20" barrel and extended mag tube. Bead sight, sling. Picked this one up on the fly for the agency I worked for when a stressful situation arose suddenly.. when I retired they reimbursed the full cost and gave me the weapon to keep. Better than a retirement watch, eh... It is parked near my bed, ready to roll.
I don't really see myself getting any more shotties but ya never know.. a 20ga set up for home defense sounds good sometimes..

Thought I'd toss this here - this is what I have assembled if three-gun ever gets to meet:

Top: PSA/Anderson Arms Disappator with straight 20 magazines
Middle: Winchester 1300 with 21" cylinder bore slug barrel and a Cabela-sourced magazine extension
Bottom: Sig-Saur P250 compact, with 2 compact and 1 full sized magazine

20200724_110305.jpg

Hope the group pic is ok. :cool:

I found the 1300 in a pawn shop wearing a 28" ribbed winchoke barrel with no chokes and the standard length magazine tube for $225. The magazine extension was easy to find, but it took me 2 years to find a barrel that wasn't designed for the Defender yet short enough to be reasonable. My compromise was the 21" smoothbore with rifle sights. The bright red shotshells are Winchester #1 Buck, the dark red shells are Estate 00 Buck.

The original barrel and magazine parts are in my gun safe, along with a set of Winchoke tubes I bought from Carlsons. I can have the 1300 ready for upland or waterfowl game in just a couple of minutes.

Last Edited:
Thought I'd toss this here - this is what I have assembled if three-gun ever gets to meet:

Top: PSA/Anderson Arms Disappator with straight 20 magazines
Middle: Winchester 1300 with 21" cylinder bore slug barrel and a Cabela-sourced magazine extension
Bottom: Sig-Saur P250 compact, with 2 compact and 1 full sized magazine

View attachment 726886

Hope the group pic is ok. :cool:

I found the 1300 in a pawn shop wearing a 28" ribbed winchoke barrel with no chokes and the standard length magazine tube for $225. The magazine extension was easy to find, but it took me 2 years to find a barrel that wasn't designed for the Defender yet short enough to be reasonable. My compromise was the 21" smoothbore with rifle sights. The bright red shotshells are Winchester #1 Buck, the dark red shells are Estate 00 Buck.

The original barrel and magazine parts are in my gun safe, along with a set of Winchoke tubes I bought from Carlsons. I can have the 1300 ready for upland or waterfowl game in just a couple of minutes.

Assuming you may be using your shotgun for HD:

Have you tried maneuvering in your home with you shotgun sling loaded with shells? I bought one and loaded it with shells and found very difficult to maneuver with shot shells in the sling. I bought a 50 round bandolier instead that I can throw over my shoulder.
1611D695-3461-4716-BED7-45C851E42BF9.jpeg
12 gauge 9 pellet 00 buckshot, Winchester segmenting slugs turned in the opposite direction.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top