JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Plain, no nonsense 870.

20190721_150329.jpg

Good looking shotgun for sure...!

Mossberg now sells a "retro" line of the 500 / 590 series of shotguns...which I like , except for the price.
I understand that wood stocks can cost more and may even take more work to make and install...but really...?
Andy
Thank you, Andy.

By the time I figured in the cost of retrofitting a synthetic stocked 500 (or even a Maverick 88) to wood, I was actually bucks ahead by watching for a sale on one that just came that way naturally.

I found this one on GunBroker, new (unfired) but apparently some kind of Mossberg rep demonstrator... probably a precursor to the "Trench Gun" and "Retro" lines you mentioned. Maybe a market test, see if anyone was really interested enough in retro riot/trench gun styles shotguns to make it a viable product line... again.

All I can say to Mossberg is, "Well... duuuh". Just look how fast M500 wood furniture gets snapped-up on Ebay and Armslist... it WILL sell.

BTW, my old M500 riot gun was a keeper. It was stolen and sold by my (now) ex-wife while we were separated. Like many of the items stolen and sold behind my back (while I was on the road.. working), I'd had that old shotgun longer than I had her.

Last Edited:
With the shock absorbing stock, reflex optic, 18" barrel, extended mag, shell side-saddle, 1200 lumen taclight, (missing laser), sans 28" hunting barrel that I still have:

Mossy.jpg

Winchester 1897, 12GA, 30 inch barrel, 1916 manufacture

Remington 870, 20GA, 26 inch barrel, 2008 manufacture - It has a solid wood stock instead of laminate and an AB serial number instead of RS, so I thought I was avoiding a Rustington when I picked it up. I thought wrong.

Mossberg 500, 12GA, 18 inch barrel, with Ruger sling, Streamlight TLR-1 HL on a GG&G light mount, and a telescoping stock that I don't remember the brand name of.

20190723_095252.jpg

20190723_095323.jpg

Ithaca model 37 in 20 ga. Mfr in 1947, the same year I was born. It was mine as soon as I graduated from a bolt action Mossberg .410 at about 12 yo. It's in beautiful condition and the action is butter smooth.

Winchester 1897, 12GA, 30 inch barrel, 1916 manufacture

Remington 870, 20GA, 26 inch barrel, 2008 manufacture - It has a solid wood stock instead of laminate and an AB serial number instead of RS, so I thought I was avoiding a Rustington when I picked it up. I thought wrong.

Mossberg 500, 12GA, 18 inch barrel, with Ruger sling, Streamlight TLR-1 HL on a GG&G light mount, and a telescoping stock that I don't remember the brand name of.

View attachment 602809

View attachment 602810

I really like that winny!!

I really like that winny!!

Me too. I recently picked it up on an impulse while at a shop doing a different transfer. Got a pretty good deal on it too. Even after a bit of work from a gunsmith, I still paid less than I see most of them go for, and it's in pretty good condition. No regrets at all.

Me too. I recently picked it up on an impulse while at a shop doing a different transfer. Got a pretty good deal on it too. Even after a bit of work from a gunsmith, I still paid less than I see most of them go for, and it's in pretty good condition. No regrets at all.

I love a smoking deal too... I picked up a pretty old Mossy 500 that was in great shape but nobody wanted it so my LGS sold it to me cheap. I think nobody wanted it because it had the old twist-type multi-choke. Gave it to one of my grandsons and he seems pretty happy.

Just picked up this sweet H&R Pardner Pump Security 12ga. from off the Classifieds. Cerakoted antique bronze and the gentleman was gracious enough to put my magazine extension on for me! Absolute great guy that Jeremey!:D

uM1uaCp.png
qjDLNrF.png
2Od0nxY.png
R2aPNUQ.png

Thanks Andy! These H&R Pardners are great. There is no slop whatsoever in the action and trigger pull is smooth. It will stay permanent in my small collection.:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top