JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The classic pump action ...it comes in many forms and makes...
I have three at the moment all Remington 870 Wingmasters.
A 20 gauge from 1962 with a 28 inch barrel and Modified choke...
A 12 gauge from 1975 with a 28 inch barrel and Modified choke...
And lastly a 12 gauge from 1981 with a 18 inch barrel and Improved Cylinder choke...

With that said there are many excellent choices out there ...Just thought it would be fun to see and discuss some of them...
Andy

Last Edited:
My great grandfathers wards western field model 30/ stevens model 520, in 16ga, full choke. Designed by John Browning. 20180609_143931.jpg

Party Foul, if the word "Show" is in the title then I'm pretty sure Article 6 subsection 3.1.2 requires pictures...:D
DSC06606.jpg
My Remington 870 Wingmaster , 1962
20 gauge , 28 inch barrel and Modified choke...
It was given to me by my Granddad...first gun that I ever owned and still goes out hunting and shooting.
DSC06837.jpg
My 1981 870 Wingmaster...
12 gauge , 18 inch barrel and Improved Cylinder choke..
My "Bump in the night" shotgun ...plus just all around fun shooter...
Great balance , fast , smooth and likes to make lots of holes in things....:D

My 1975 Wingmaster...
Oh wait...
I was going to post a family picture of all three of my 870' s...but Nooooo...
Someone named D.B...went and gave me grief...:eek::p:D
So I just had to post the pictures that I have...
I'll get a picture of my newest to me up in a bit...
Andy

My great grandfathers wards western field model 30/ stevens model 520, in 16ga, full choke. Designed by John Browning.View attachment 596073
I have always liked the looks of those...thanks for sharing.
I owned a Ward's Western Field at one time...the barrel had been "bobbed" to 20 inches..and it was a slick handling shotgun...lots of fun , for sure...
Andy

Only pump shotgun I have is my old Benelli Nova 12ga. It's really not worth showing.

My other pump "firearm" is a Mossberg 590A1 Shockwave, which is just a short, painful reminder that the 3" mags are meant for the Beretta 1301 or A400! :)

I have a "New" Browning BPS 28" w/Diana IM choke(gold)
Love the BPS bottom eject.
Not that spendy looking to get a Beretta 1301; patience not something I have much of....
Bbls are not that easy to find in 21"...

Pump shotguns - my firearm weekness;).

I have the hardest time not buying one for a great deal even though I have plenty plus a couple:D

Newer 870 Express Magnum
(My woods bird gun, removable chokes)
IMG_2159.JPG

870 Express police trade in (1981?) - my HD shotty "Good Intention's" cuz the road to hell etc;) 7+1 20" w/rifle sights and all metal
IMG_1930.JPG

My all time favorite, a JC Higgins 12 ga circa 1952 - one of 2 years High Standard made them. Jeweled bolt, adjustable choke and runs like it's polished and oiled. I use her for clays and named her "Butta" - she is a beauty and probably in 98%+ condition.

IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG
I have a couple more but those three are used the most.

Pump shotguns - my firearm weekness;).

870 Express police trade in (1981?) - my HD shotty "Good Intention's" cuz the road to hell etc;) 7+1 20" w/rifle sights and all metal
View attachment 596174

I like that 870 a lot! Very cool.
Here's mine. Maverick 88.
Sorry for the crappy pic. Yes, I carry it muzzle down.
Buck and slug alternating. It only has one purpose.

Mav88.jpg

It took a while to find a replacement for my wood-stocked 80s vintage Mossberg 500, they almost all come w synthetic stocks now.
Found this one on Gunbroker a couple of yrs agoView attachment 596325
Good looking shotgun for sure...!

Mossberg now sells a "retro" line of the 500 / 590 series of shotguns...which I like , except for the price.
I understand that wood stocks can cost more and may even take more work to make and install...but really...?
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads