JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update on new CTR:
yx1h2IJ.jpg

Not quite a "1/4 moa" rifle like Stomper says his is, but not too shabby nonetheless:
y6QAKK7.jpg

It's showing great promise with the 2 different loads I run. I think it favors the lengthened (OAL @ 2.890") Tikka superlite load a tad better than it likes my Savage load. Still both groups sub moa. Guaranteed to do very well at long range.

Update on new CTR:
View attachment 588794

Not quite a "1/4 moa" rifle like Stomper says his is, but not too shabby nonetheless:
View attachment 588795

It's showing great promise with the 2 different loads I run. I think it favors the lengthened (OAL @ 2.890") Tikka superlite load a tad better than it likes my Savage load. Still both groups sub moa. Guaranteed to do very well at long range.
Now I want one! But my wife would use it on me :eek:

Looking good guys. I'm going to give this one a go. It's a Sako A7 longrange chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. I'm going to be developing loads for it and using a "proven" super chicken scope on top. That way I know if there is a problem, it's with the rifle or load and not the optics. Here's one of my favorite paint schemes I do to my rifles, the factory green paint was not cutting it...
mIdnP41.jpg

Looking good guys. I'm going to give this one a go. It's a Sako A7 longrange chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. I'm going to be developing loads for it and using a "proven" super chicken scope on top. That way I know if there is a problem, it's with the rifle or load and not the optics. Here's one of my favorite paint schemes I do to my rifles, the factory green paint was not cutting it...
View attachment 599049

Super chicken?

SWFA SS. Guys refer to them as "super chickens" because of the picture of a chicken or bird on the scope. :
View attachment 599093
It also looks like you might use their rings? The set I have seem to work fine and were free during the Black Friday sale a few years ago.

I am always happy to report to people that my SS scopes have never lost zero and get dialed every time I shoot them. Pretty amazing for the price.

2019-06-18 18.28.50.jpg

Sav LA, 26 in. super heavy EA Brown barrel in 260 Rem. Lil bastard brake, cerakoted Coyote Tan. Boyds Pro Varmint laminate, Rifle Basix trigger, 20 MOA rail, Vortex DB Tactical 4x16 FFP. Im still in load development but it shows potential with the Hornady ELD'M!!......

It also looks like you might use their rings? The set I have seem to work fine and were free during the Black Friday sale a few years ago.

I am always happy to report to people that my SS scopes have never lost zero and get dialed every time I shoot them. Pretty amazing for the price.
Ive seen them, but never used them. Most times i run Burris XTR rings. They are great rings for the money.

As for the super chicken's, those that have and use them know they are excellent tracking scopes that hold zero equally well. Guys that dont know about them, should probably check them out. I get a kick out of the guy that tried to validate his reasons for owning a $7000.00 rifle and challenging a box test, may not want to bet money on it, because they may just lose.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top