JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats my point. Wait till you get a comparison on the two rifles and then make your decision. Knowing that we shot them side by side and can give you the best and worst of both. Might help you make a decision when you are ready to pull the trigger. ( Pun totally intended ) ;)

So is yours close in price to the RPR? I was under the impression it was closer to the Savage models.

damn man that is lite! o_O Now I'm gonna have to dial mine down to 2lbs just to try it. :D
It sort of takes your breath away........but that is the way the M24 is too. It does teach trigger discipline. My Gunsmith mounted the Gentec quick release flash hider on it for me........took it to his clearing barrel and came back cussing me. It was empty but he pushed the safety off and touched the trigger before the muzzle was in the barrel.........this is not the regular 700 trigger but one from the world class XP40 target rifle.

The one he has is about the same price as the RPR. They have other models not quite so much. The T3x lite is a great little rifle. I had the pleasure of shooting one in 6.5 creedmoor last month at PSC.

Well I guess I could do two Savages for the price of the Tikka or the RPR. Don't ruin my fun! I want two rifles for the price of one!! :s0015::s0015: :p

So is yours close in price to the RPR? I was under the impression it was closer to the Savage models.

I bought mine through a supporting vendor here on NWFA and paid $1125.00 I went back and forth on the savage and the tikka before I purchased. Everything I was hearing from people is if you go with the savage you will want to upgrade the stock. Well by the time you do that your about the same price as the Tikka and it has a smoother action.

That was my thought process to the whole thing. I tossed around the RPR for awhile ended up with the Tikka I really can't remember why :D but I haven't regreted the decision so I guess all is good. ;)

Here is mine... Weatherby 338-378 mag
20171013_151906_1.jpg

Needs new glass

I dont shoot it mush due to it eating up $6 a shot as well as no where really to stretch its legs

You can get a Tikka T3x light compact 308 for about $600-$700 and still get a Savage! :s0015::s0151:
Then all you have is aTikka. I know Savages are supposed to be great, have improved in the last 55 years.......but when I sold guns, they were the cheapest quality and design on the market. They would take game off course.....but I would much rather have a nice sporterized Mauser in the day for the same money. I am left handed and studied them extensively because they were the first LH Bolt manufacturer.....just could never warm up to them. The only savage that interests me is my 2400 that was built by Valmet and an original Savage built Thompson......Oh, I forgot.....the magnificent M99 that the company was built on......that is a work of art.

Then all you have is aTikka. I know Savages are supposed to be great, have improved in the last 55 years.......but when I sold guns, they were the cheapest quality and design on the market. They would take game off course.....but I would much rather have a nice sporterized Mauser in the day for the same money. I am left handed and studied them extensively because they were the first LH Bolt manufacturer.....just could never warm up to them. The only savage that interests me is my 2400 that was built by Valmet and an original Savage built Thompson.
Oh that's not what I was thinking about getting. I was letting etrain16 know that he could get both if he wanted based on dollar amount spent.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top