JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, I'll repost here since it is sticky and add to it a little.

img_1104-jpg.jpg

Remington 700 5R 308 with 20" threaded barrel
AICS stock
PWS FSC muzzle brake
Timney trigger
Vortex Razor Gen I
Seekins 20 MOA rail and rings

Won't quite shoot groups like Otter posted but it is still going strong 2,000 rounds and counting.

347193-082761b2ae177107338d0d29eeb1fb5e.jpg

Ruger Precision Rifle
Started life as a 308 but is now wearing a Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, 24" 1:8 twist
APA Lil Bastard Gen II muzzle brake
Magpul PRS stock and MOE pistol grip
Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 in an ADM Recon mount

Shoots pretty good. This is only a three shot group but it was the first three I had shot out of this gun (or any other gun) in about 2 months. Not bad. The 6.5 barrel has been on this gun for about a year now and it has about 600 rounds through it.

347191-b7de10838aa13718b3e7d04082000378.jpg

Ok, I'll repost here since it is sticky and add to it a little.

View attachment 397520

Remington 700 5R 308 with 20" threaded barrel
AICS stock
PWS FSC muzzle brake
Timney trigger
Vortex Razor Gen I
Seekins 20 MOA rail and rings

Won't quite shoot groups like Otter posted but it is still going strong 2,000 rounds and counting.

View attachment 397521

Ruger Precision Rifle
Started life as a 308 but is now wearing a Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, 24" 1:8 twist
APA Lil Bastard Gen II muzzle brake
Magpul PRS stock and MOE pistol grip
Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 in an ADM Recon mount

Shoots pretty good. This is only a three shot group but it was the first three I had shot out of this gun (or any other gun) in about 2 months. Not bad. The 6.5 barrel has been on this gun for about a year now and it has about 600 rounds through it.

View attachment 397522

That's killer groups!

I have been meaning to ask - was that trigger the stock trigger, or did you have something modified?

Stock adjustable trigger. At the moment its set at 4lbs but it is adjustable down to 2lbs. It is so smooth at 4 I am afraid that if I dial it down to 2 and sneeze wrong I might send a round down range :cool:

Stock adjustable trigger. At the moment its set at 4lbs but it is adjustable down to 2lbs. It is so smooth at 4 I am afraid that if I dial it down to 2 and sneeze wrong I might send a round down range :cool:

Well, I may not have shot it, but that trigger sure was nice :p Got me thinking Tikka in addition to the Savage. And there's still the Ruger Precision! What to do?!

B6489E92-8E91-40F0-BBFB-DC6EDE179B2D.jpeg

Well, I may not have shot it, but that trigger sure was nice :p Got me thinking Tikka in addition to the Savage. And there's still the Ruger Precision! What to do?!

View attachment 397549

Well when I get the opportunity to shoot my Tikka and @Kruejl RPR we can report back to you on what is better and why! Nothing better than have pro's and con's of both before spending that kinda money. ;)

My first precision bolt action:
21835104231_1594a85667_k.jpg
Remington 700 AAC-SD
.308 Winchester
Badger Ordanance Bolt Knob
Kampfeld fluted bolt
PTG Speedlock firing pin assembly
Timney Calvin Elite single stage trigger
Accuracy International AXMC chassis
AAC muzzle brake
Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x
Spuhr SP-4616

First experience with 6.5 Creedmoor:
24054132780_eb3a29a7c9_k.jpg
Ruger Precision Gen 1
6.5 Creedmoor
APA Lil bastard muzzle brake
Ergo DLX grip
Atlas bipod
Spuhr SP-4616

PRS match rifle:
35109738480_b17c8d1f3a_k.jpg
H&H Precision Rifles (Enumclaw, WA)
6.5 Creedmoor
Defiance Tactical Deviant - Left Hand
24" Benchmark Barrel - Medium Palma
Timney Calvin Elite single stage trigger
Killer Innovation Chassis - Magpul FDE
Ergo DLX grip
XLR Industries Tactical buttstock
Really Right Stuff SOAR adapter
Atlas bipod with Hawk Hill spike feet
Thunderbeast Ultra 7 CB (6.5)
KYL Gear suppressor cover
Short Action Custom 2-round holder
American Rifle Company M10 rings

Thing is I could buy the Tikka and the Savage for about the price of the Ruger -moral dilemmas! :p

Thats my point. Wait till you get a comparison on the two rifles and then make your decision. Knowing that we shot them side by side and can give you the best and worst of both. Might help you make a decision when you are ready to pull the trigger. ( Pun totally intended ) ;)

Thats my point. Wait till you get a comparison on the two rifles and then make your decision. Knowing that we shot them side by side and can give you the best and worst of both. Might help you make a decision when you are ready to pull the trigger. ( Pun totally intended ) ;)
I plan on waiting for the report. I don't have a bolt action as of yet and I have been thinking of Tikka, Ruger Precision, Sako, or Savage.

700P Remington 308 20" bbl with Gentec quick detach suppressor and Leupold tactical scope. It is very much like my original M24 sniper rifle......that is at my sons house. It has a H&S stock, a XP40 1/4 lb trigger a fluted barrel, all factory stuff. 452ACFFE-7101-4DFA-91C3-AAF473E27614.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top