JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nosler Liberty M48 in .300wsm

IMG_20190819_142152.jpg

Nothing fancy just a Savage 116 in 338-375 Ruger.
28" X-Caliber barrel with MBM 4 port Beast Brake.
HS Precision stock with 3.850 detachable mags.
Steiner T5XI scope in Badger USMC Rings.
Atlas CAL Bipod and 3.35" rail..
Bolt fluted by Darkeagle.
And a bunch of other goodies that I don't want to bore you with.

3FE1F226-4B99-4911-AEBF-1E5CBAE47A23.jpeg

Last Edited:
Nothing fancy just a Savage 116 in 338-375 Ruger.

Wow! That aught to throw a good, heavy bullet pretty darn fast!
For quite a while I pondered doing a 300-375 Ruger or a 30 Newton.
(I did neither) :(

But these days I have a new bolt action that I'm hoping will turn out to be as accurate as my Ruger is. So far, We're not there... I've harbored lust for the Pre 64 Model 70 for a very long time and finally bought this 1952 version in 30-06. This one's the second with the first being a Lightweight of the same vintage. I want this to be a "do it all", including my interpretation of long range hunting.
What ever the case it's now a pretty nice rifle and will take care of business at any normal hunting distance. Now that it's properly bedded into the stock I'll start stretching it's legs soon.

Model 70 keeper.jpg

Wow! That aught to throw a good, heavy bullet pretty darn fast!
For quite a while I pondered doing a 300-375 Ruger or a 30 Newton.
(I did neither) :(

But these days I have a new bolt action that I'm hoping will turn out to be as accurate as my Ruger is. So far, We're not there... I've harbored lust for the Pre 64 Model 70 for a very long time and finally bought this 1952 version in 30-06. This one's the second with the first being a Lightweight of the same vintage. I want this to be a "do it all", including my interpretation of long range hunting.
What ever the case it's now a pretty nice rifle and will take care of business at any normal hunting distance. Now that it's properly bedded into the stock I'll start stretching it's legs soon.

View attachment 689611
Pushing 250's just over 3022 fps. Starting to see signs of pressure at those speeds. My favorite load right now is Berger 250gr Elite Hunters, 76.8gr of h4350 and it's pretty promising , no pressure signs and hitting right at 2985fps. It should speed up a bit more as she breaks in. Groups are about 3/4" moa. Not to bad for a gun I built and put together on my bench.

I'm glad that Hornady came out with the 300 PRC (300-375 Ruger) I think these 375 Ruger based cartridges are way underrated. Maybe Hornady will get smart and bring the 338-375 out as the 338 PRC.

Pushing 250's just over 3022 fps. Starting to see signs of pressure at those speeds. My favorite load right now is Berger 250gr Elite Hunters, 76.8gr of h4350 and it's pretty promising , no pressure signs and hitting right at 2985fps. It should speed up a bit more as she breaks in. Groups are about 3/4" moa. Not to bad for a gun I built and put together on my bench.

I'm glad that Hornady came out with the 300 PRC (300-375 Ruger) I think these 375 Ruger based cartridges are way underrated. Maybe Hornady will get smart and bring the 338-375 out as the 338 PRC.
That's some power right there! Sounds like a great elk cartridge.

I had a 375 Ruger several years ago. The case just seemed to me longing to be necked every which way.

I don't shoot long ranges much. 600 yards for my old eyes is a bit much... but when I do want to drop that coyote starring back at me at that range it is my Sendero in 25-06 that I will use. 68" drop, 200 yard zero at 600 yards with 120 grain Nosler boatail SP. Minute of coffee can will suffice.

2010-02-06 13.22.41.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR