JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Benchmade for me.
barrage
northfork
bugout

20210330_160114.jpg

The single edge knife is also Vespa. It was a little over $200 and a bargain at that price. The blade play reminds me of the old Vero Beach Microtechs.
Thanks
James

20210406_160541.jpg 20210406_160509.jpg 20210406_160451.jpg

I like the ESEE/et. al. pattern knives, but I strongly prefer "rubber" scales/handles. The closest I can find to that have been Gerbers and some Schrade. I EDC a Gerber BG folder - cheap, but it works and hasn't failed me yet. I use it almost every day.

So I haven't bought a knife for like 25 years.
I always wanted one of those small older Gerber Guardians as they had pretty nifty sheaths I thought, not like the larger Mk 1, of which Iv'e had a couple so I got this little 3.5" Smith & Wesson for $10 on Amazon.. I love it! It's darn sharp and pointy and the sheath allows easy removal with a thumb push only. And $10!!
The other is the Cold Steel Outdoorsman Lite, 6" blade, $28, Amazon.
I always liked the look of this knife, especially the original and actually there's an old fixed blade Spyderco fighting knife with some similar features.
The back of the knife is pretty cool as I've actually seen quite a few knives chipped big time breaking bones on elk.
Anyway, no quick draw on this low hanger, this bugger is in there but hey, I really just got it for dicking aorund but I did contact CS in the hopes of getting another sheath so I can modify it by cutting off the belt clip etc. and installing a stud to catch on your belt or inside the pants and fishing a cord down through the drain hole so one could loop that around your belt and then draw it with one hand.. the sheath remaining connected to your belt or loop. You know, around the house.
The last critter is an old Seki City Endura, daily carry of course. I've been carrying an Endura for jeez, I don't know, as soon as they came out. 30-35 years?
Anyway..

20210516_132940.jpg 20210516_131115.jpg 20210516_131051.jpg 20210516_131027.jpg

Last Edited:
So here's my grandads Bowie knife and an unknown bayonet.

All I can read on the Bowie is sitmu, or maybe its gitmu, then a crown and "made in usa". If you know who made the Bowie or the bayonet I'd be rather appreciative to learn the answer.

20210519_233430.jpg 20210519_233414.jpg

@Jason999
The bayonet is for a Mauser 98K .

The Bowie looks to be a Collins USMC Raider Bowie of WWII vintage....
"sitmu" / "gitmu" could be "Legitmus" which is how these were marked.
Andy
Thank you!

Unfortunately he sanded the knife, a lot, so the markings are very faint or totally obliterated. Its great to finally know what they are.

My new D-Guard Bowie by Chris at Iron Ridge Ranch. (@2Wheels4Ever) It's hand forged 5160 steel, the blade is about 10.5", the width about 2.75", about a quarter inch thick and it weighs 2.4lbs. He also made the button sheath for it.

He sent me progress reports and pics and even a short video throughout the process.

This is the fourth knife I've bought from Chris and the second one that he's made specifically for me. All I can say is he makes great knives.

IMG_20210604_154013.jpg IMG_20210604_153738.jpg

I have issues... knife hoarding being one of them.
Love Randall Knives, Al Mar, Peter Bromley, Buck etc. First pic is a partial stack, the middle picture is a Bowie, with caribou grip scales, made by Jens Klaar in Anchorage, AK. and the last is my woods carry Randall.

Take care friends...

Hoard.jpg Bowi3.jpg 1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews