JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
8126AA87-D22E-44C8-BFD0-89EE9F4DC6A5.jpeg

The wife got me this the other day.

This came today. I bought it from a member here.
This thing is big! I figured 10"x2" is not that big, but it's big.
I have TKC scales coming for it and I think I want to upgrade the sheath.
I always wanted a short sword. :cool:

20200427_144444~2.jpg 20200427_144419~4.jpg

I'm not particularly a knife guy. But I've always like just about any kind of tool, weapon, gadget, etc. since I was old enough to remember. So I'll share a few of mine.

Bayonets, I've got a few. From left to right, Austrian M95 Steyr-Mannlicher bayonet from WW1, this one is marked with an engineer unit number. Next, a Japanese Army bayonet, I don't know what year but it was brought back after WW2 from the Pacific theater by a friend's father. Next, M1 Rifle bayonet, Korean war era. Next, M14 bayonet from Vietnam era.
P5080704.JPG

My Grandpa Fritz was an old, German expatriate farmer. He had a small kinda collection of folding knives that he'd acquired here and there. Some of them are below. Including the wooden one which I assume is a letter opener. The little knife less than an inch long actually has a folding blade. The other pocket type knives from left to right are: Iroquois, Camillus, Sanders, and Ka-Bar. The watch is an old Hamilton from 1901, still runs.
P5080705.JPG

Grandpa Fritz was a secret cigarette smoker. When he died on the job, he had this celluloid cigarette case in his pocket. Complete with a partial pack of Phillip Morris. I still have it. The smokes are pretty dry now.
P5080706.JPG

This here knive is marked on the blade, "Arkansas Toothpick." Made in Solingen, Germany some time after WW2, GI souvenir type thing. One year, they were making Hitler youth knives, the next year Arkansas Toothpicks. But it is fully functional. This one has seen heavy use. A neighbor of mine when I was an early teenager gave me a wheelbarrow full of stuff when he moved away. This knife was among that stuff. It came in a gray USN marked belt scabbard but I don't know where that got off to. This guy had been an officer in the US Navy but I don't know what the so-called hunting type knife connection was. It saw heavy use when I was a kid, then later I've used it for many stupid things like cutting asphalt shingles, digging out dandelions and other uses. The blade had been ground down long before I got it. I still use it as a tool, it's kept in one of my roll-aways.
P5080708.JPG

I don't regularly carry a knife on me, but I have a couple of Schrade Old Timer folding knives for when I do. They are a pretty good folding knife.

Some time I'll have to tell the story of one of my army buddies in Vietnam who had a big Buck belt knife that he used to practice throwing just for the heck of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top