JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are two of mine. One from each grandfather. I have been lucky enough to have a few handed down.
One is a 30-40 saddle ring carbine that my grandpa bought as surplus. He lived in Wyoming so it was lightly modified which included drilling and tapping the receiver. A scope in Wyoming was a must.
The second was my other grandfathers Winchester 94. He saw his guns as tools and used them that way. It has absolutely no blueing left the stock is beat to hell and he carved a notch in the buttstock for every animal he took with it. From the stories my family tell he shot deer and bear with it in Colorado. They aren't worth much but no amount of money could buy them.

4F9F249F-44A0-45A0-B6F8-FA2449C20D40.jpeg 6AB3DA50-778E-458A-97C8-EE526138ECDE.jpeg 9BC00477-0B31-4992-90A8-7A1E40A56285.jpeg 40FC6844-5A9A-4939-AA08-3626C7D4A781.jpeg

My Dad bought this 1964 Winchester 94 classic for my Mom as a wedding present in 1964. Times were tough back then so he had to save the money he made from milking the jersey cow we had. Mom shot it well, but dad provided a lot of mule deer for the freezer with it. In 1974 he shot a 21 point buck. (10x11 western count) that buck was the winner of the big buck contest that year in Idaho. He won a new Weatherby 300 mark V. I shot my first deer with this rifle when I was finally old enough to get a hunting license. MikeyG said it perfect, "not worth alot, but no amount of money could buy it".

IMG_3323.jpg IMG_3324.jpg

It is still a shooter but the extractor is broke (thanks dad...he jammed a lr into it.)
Thanks for the compliment.

No photos right now still running on a metered Hot spot off my phone due to the cable still being out from the Global warming ICE storm.

But All of my firearms will be passed down. My son will get the Bulk his step sister a few (because she will inherit from her dad) and the Grand Daughters will each get a few.

The one firearm I have to pass down to my son that came from my dad is a c1905 Winchester model 1895 Deluxe rifle in 30-40 Krag with a 28" barrel Lyman #21 receiver sight and ++ Walnut stock with no checkering. Dad bought it at the old Albany gun show in the summer of 1968 for $125.00 I was standing next to him at the time.

The most recent firearm that will be passed down is the Uberti/Taylor Arms reproduction Winchster model 1885 Hi Wall in 45-70 with 32" barrel Double set triggers and the Deluxe Sporting stock with checkering. 62 days of delay and it took the intervention of a State Rep named Rick Lewis to get the BGC stupidity cleared up.
So it will come with quite a story.

My dad sold off a couple of his rifles and each of us boys got one rifle and one pistol. I was so pissed about how the others either the evil second wife managed to keep or gawd knows where they went that I sold my youngest brother the silly .380 auto that was the last thing dad ever bought. My middle brother got the WInchester model 71 in .348 Deluxe Rifle with Williams peep sight 24" barrel. And my youngest brother got the c1954 Model 94 that all of us boys learned to deer hunt with.

Gone somewhere

Winchester model 55 semi auto single shot .22
Ithica model 37 Lt wt in 16ga
Universal M1 Carbine
Inland M1 carbine
Winchester 66 centennial mint in box
S&W model 10? Police revolver with left hand service style belt and holster
Ruger Bearcat

Also have this posted in Rimfire Rifles but works here too:

Top: Winchester model 62 bought new by my Grandfather in 1936. Pristine bore.
Bottom: Winchester model 1890 bought new by my Mother-In-Law's Grandfather in 1911. I had to re-sleeve this one.

mods 62 and 1890.jpg

Dr Hart Atwood gave me his Winchester Model 70, which he shot an elk with every year on the Oregon coast. I had Jim Cloward re-stock it.
View attachment 833324
He also gave me my first fishing pole.
View attachment 833325
I just gave my 4yo son a really nice fishing pole for his birthday. The pole is really nice for a 4yo, but has a 15yr warranty. I still have the cheap Fred Meyer pole my late grandfather gave me when I was about 8, so I view his gift as something he'll pass to his kids.

Above is a photo of my father's Winchester Model 1894 carbine in 30 WCF. It was his first hunting rifle, and was bought when he was a teenager from a local service station owner. I carried it deer hunting, and my older brother killed his first deer with it. It was complete with US and flaming bomb stampings. Yes, it was a "Spruce Gun."

The photo isn't clear because the gun was stolen in 1974 during a break-in at my father's business. At least one of the guns in the theft was pawned, and that resulted in conviction of the thief, but he never told where he sold the rest of the guns.

Above is a photo of my father's Winchester Model 1894 carbine in 30 WCF. It was his first hunting rifle, and was bought when he was a teenager from a local service station owner. I carried it deer hunting, and my older brother killed his first deer with it. It was complete with US and flaming bomb stampings. Yes, it was a "Spruce Gun."

The photo isn't clear because the gun was stolen in 1974 during a break-in at my father's business. At least one of the guns in the theft was pawned, and that resulted in conviction of the thief, but he never told where he sold the rest of the guns.
The photo of the Winchester did not load. I would like to see it. It's a shame it was lost to a thief

My Great grandfather's rifle, bought new and taken up the Rosebud River on a steam boat in the time of George Custer. Originally a .38 Long rimfire. It went through a cabin fire and was destroyed, it was basically a $100 parts gun when I got it. I had it restored and rechambered for .357 Mag/.38 Spec. Not sure who it will go to, but it stays in the family now forever.

RRB Restore - 09.jpg RRB Restore - 11.jpg RRB Restore - 16.jpg

The 8mm VZ24 sporter that my old man built. The Lyman sights were actually bought by my grandad in the late 40s, but not used until my dad installed them on this rifle in the late 90s.

I've no kids, so I'm willing it to my nephew.

20210509_192333.jpg 20210509_192440.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads