JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yugo M76 chambered in 30-06

PXL_20221007_133216764.jpg

Last Edited:
Yugo M76 chambered in 30-06

View attachment 1288351
That Yugo is a hammer. There was no mistaking or missing the "CLANG" on steel out to 500yds. There is one in a friend's safe with throat cancer. (More like hot dog down a hallway) His roundtuit plan is .270/6.8/277. My brother is sorting out his lathe in anticipation. The only real impediment is some kind of adjustable gas block. Like as not it will probably start with a bull barrel and a bunch of swarf to get there :) I realize that in some eyes an M76 is a classic but if as it is it groups like a shotgun what's the issue. Besides, it's a classic look and we're not going to bubba the cosmetics. Thoughts?

That Yugo is a hammer. There was no mistaking or missing the "CLANG" on steel out to 500yds. There is one in a friend's safe with throat cancer. (More like hot dog down a hallway) His roundtuit plan is .270/6.8/277. My brother is sorting out his lathe in anticipation. The only real impediment is some kind of adjustable gas block. Like as not it will probably start with a bull barrel and a bunch of swarf to get there :) I realize that in some eyes an M76 is a classic but if as it is it groups like a shotgun what's the issue. Besides, it's a classic look and we're not going to bubba the cosmetics. Thoughts?
With the original 8mm using junk surplus ammo its not a shoot a quarter at 200 yards kind of gun. It is a shoot a Croat at 300 yards while she's holding her baby kind of gun though. Lots of that in the Balkans wars Thats what it was designed to do and it does it. With better ammo , custom loads etc there is no reason it cant be an MOA gun. Thats part of the reason I built in in 30-06 vs the original 8mm . Anything based on the 30-06 cartridge will work and if you build a mag spacer anything based on the 308 should/might. Yeah it has a gas adjustment but thats just in the gas block. Doesnt affect the barrel. Drill the port 2.5 mm and call it a day.

Make no mistake about it thats a LOT of gun. The picture is kind of deceiving. Theres at least 13 lbs loaded.

HK51, full-auto .308 SBR - never actually produced by HK, but a few made in the US for "agency" consideration.

View attachment 1284959
OK, so it's NOT my gun. A Swiss member of the Colt Forum bought it, but had to get a "special permit" for it, which in Switzerland involves application, payment and issuance.
I recognize OLIAR15's "backdrop", he has an incredibly impressive collection.

With the original 8mm using junk surplus ammo its not a shoot a quarter at 200 yards kind of gun. It is a shoot a Croat at 300 yards while she's holding her baby kind of gun though. Lots of that in the Balkans wars Thats what it was designed to do and it does it. With better ammo , custom loads etc there is no reason it cant be an MOA gun. Thats part of the reason I built in in 30-06 vs the original 8mm . Anything based on the 30-06 cartridge will work and if you build a mag spacer anything based on the 308 should/might. Yeah it has a gas adjustment but thats just in the gas block. Doesnt affect the barrel. Drill the port 2.5 mm and call it a day.

Make no mistake about it thats a LOT of gun. The picture is kind of deceiving. Theres at least 13 lbs loaded.
I'm used to the weight, or I used to be used to the weight. I'm a FAL guy

My only thought, upon seeing this, is...at this point, why not just go with an M14?
...but I know better than to argue with an AK fan, so....more power to ya.
Anyone actually shoot those things? Ive literally only seen one guy shooting one in 35 years and it wouldn't make it through an entire mag without jamming up.

I mean if I want to shoot off 308 I use this...

YnQOto.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads