JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss all the trees that used to be.
Plenty more that still need lovin'.
1592573302083.png

New scope for Abby. UTG "Bugbuster" 3-9x32. Never had an issue with UTG and had good reviews overall so figured why tf not. Now she can reach out and touch things. Well she could anyway, but now I can see out that far. Poor dog's DMR. Cut me some slack, JACK.
I hear great things about those bug busters. Inexpensive and light. How's the image quality?

This is my beautiful all-original Ruger Redhawk, bought in 1981 at the Berlin R&GC. Its claim to fame is that I used it to hit a galvanised trash-can lid four times out of six at 300m on Barton road Ranges one fine afternoon in 1993.

My pet load for this work of mechanical art was 24gr of 2400 under a 240gr hard-cast bullet - it was a wallop at both ends and I loved it to bits. One afternoon on the base range it had over three hundred shots through it as people lined up to shoot it for a local fund-raising charity. Almost everybody had a big melon-eating grin after the experience. I just used my Lewis Lead remover after each fifty shots. Still got it, in fact, and use it for my .357 Mag Super Redhawk of the mainland yUK kind.

Twenty-three years ago I had to make the choice to hand it in for destruction, or keep it as a de-act. I chose the latter and now that the yUK has adopted the draconian European rules of gun deactivation - with which it does NOT comply - I can neither sell it not find a buyer for it. All I can do is to hand it in for destruction.

View attachment 712326

Guys, and Ladies, please don't let this happen to you.

That's awful, tac. Pure BS of the government kind. Beautiful revolver. Too bad it wasn't lawful to send it to your friends overseas to have them hold it for when you visit.

That's awful, tac. Pure BS of the government kind. Beautiful revolver. Too bad it wasn't lawful to send it to your friends overseas to have them hold it for when you visit.

I got out as many as I could in the time I had, which was very short. My guns were in Eastern England, and I was elsewhere, being an officer in the Army. Did me no good - the firearms certificate is a civilian document, issued by the Home Office via the county police chief. A LOT of my guns got out, but most didn't. Back in 1986, they ALL escaped.

I got out as many as I could in the time I had, which was very short. My guns were in Eastern England, and I was elsewhere, being an officer in the Army. Did me no good - the firearms certificate is a civilian document, issued by the Home Office via the county police chief. A LOT of my guns got out, but most didn't. Back in 1986, they ALL escaped.

That's such a frustrating story. I can't imagine going through that. To say I'd be pissed, is an understatement. Though I know there was nothing you could do. Sad to see those guns lost.

That's such a frustrating story. I can't imagine going through that. To say I'd be pissed, is an understatement. Though I know there was nothing you could do. Sad to see those guns lost.

And, of course, as PM Tony B Liar noted, with all our legally-held handguns off the streets, mainland yUK was safe again. :rolleyes:

Wait, wait, all those legally-held guns were not the problem, it was the untold number of ILLEGALLY-held guns that were being used in crime, wasn't it?

Doh.

Getting our guns 'off the streets - where they never were before, of course, cost over $200 Million in then-money.

For 103,000 much-loved possessions. My pal Clyde told me that there were more handguns that that in his county in Deep East Texas......

I'll let the mathematicians here figure out how much THAT little exercise in PR cost the tax payers of this country.

Finished my build finally.
95% Wilson Combat
WC billet receiver set
WC handguard (9.3")
WC barrel (11.3")
Fail Zero BCG
Strike Ind charging handle
SBA3 stock & buffer tube
Area 419 linear flash hider
Geissele single stage trigger

3350583E-49E5-475B-8AEB-A7C3BF3CBD15.jpeg D0C38A4E-DED0-47B3-BDFA-2F0C2F5C3F30.jpeg

Bought new in 1993, shot most every week, between 200 and 400 rounds of .38 Spec in police pistol, and then killed in 1996 by Tony B Liar.

1592671167340.png

I had a nice set of Hogue grips on it, but I gave them to a friend in Northern Ireland, who could keep HIS revolver.

And this one - a 4" bbl Model 29 bought in 1981 by a guy I never net in the club. He fired just two shots and then put it away. I bought it in 1990, along with the box of 18 300gr solids, clearly marked on the box - 'FOR THOMPSON CONTENDER USE ONLY'.

1592671359721.png

All but two of my stuff - the two missing are family Sniders 'on vacation' from Canada -

1592817253686.png
1592817283842.png
Snider stuff - Sergeant's inspection mirror and the .600cal 575gr soft lead bullet.
1592829741929.png
Sorry about the lack of handguns, but this is mainland yUK, right?

Last Edited:
Here are the two Sniders -

1592837452718.png

Top is a three-band, 3-groove rifle from the 44th Bn of Infantry, Welland and Lincoln County Militia, Ontario. It saw action in the last of the Fenian Raids in 1872. Some serious a$$-wuppin' there, by all accounts. Last time you guys tried to invade us, right?

Bottom is a much-rarer two-band Sergeants 5-groove rifle, given to me as birthday gift by a very generous friend. This was issue to the Québec Garrison Artillery, Battery B, at Québec Citadel, some time before 1867 - unlike the top gun, it has no DC in diamond showing ownership by the Dominion of Canada.

Here's that rifle in use -

Talking about wood-to-metal fit, here's an example of how the Brits used to make a mass-produced military rifle go together.....look at the lock and the surrounding woodwork -

1592838137236.png
Bores of both are like brand-new - end to end.
1592838192461.png
Three-groove rifle - the other one is the same, but with more grooves. :)

Last Edited:
Got a sweet deal yesterday, a guy was building an ar pistol and wanted an sb3 brace, traded me straight across for this roni kit. (Not with a Glock , mags, optic or laser) this thing feels amazing ergo wise.

20200625_223954_copy_2106x1075.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads