JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@DeanMk, the oil gets absorbed somehow and helps cure the finish. I don't know exactly how it works, but letting the freshly parkerized stuff soak in oil is pretty standard.

I used 30 weight just because I had an open quart, but I think any oil would work. ;)

IVj6sVjl.jpg

@DeanMk, the oil gets absorbed somehow and helps cure the finish. I don't know exactly how it works, but letting the freshly parkerized stuff soak in oil is pretty standard.

I used 30 weight just because I had an open quart, but I think any oil would work. ;)
Interesting.
I didn't know that.
Thanks for answering my question. :)

Dean

Parkerized finish holds oil and thats where it is better than bluing for rust resistance. If you ever shoot a semiauto with parkerized finish hot enough that it turns into a different shade of the finish, its because the oil burned off.

FN SCAR 16S SBR 10 inch barrel modified by HI-DESERTDOG When the silencer arrives the overall length should be close to the standard model.

8BDA2AC3-0D31-4993-ACA7-2F0BDE7E7952.jpeg

Last Edited:
B778B532-6DA5-49EA-8A56-FBCE1150C14C.jpeg

My father's KA-BAR USMC knife, satchel pack, and Mk II "pineapple" grenade. My dad kept the grenade body that I played with as a kid. I found a replica fuse and repainted the body. The M1911A1 is "US Property" Colt made in 1943. Bought it from a guy whose father served in Europe in WW2.

P320RX was trying to stay away from plastic but this gun is to fun.
Gun has a xcompact grip module also have xcarry grip, suppressor height night sites,
Romero 1 red dot,apex trigger. 15 round magazines and 21 round magazines with
an omnivore holster. No laser lol 20190727_155725.jpg

20190727_091201.jpg

Last Edited:
2" 15-4 and 629-4 Mountain Gun

After 5 years of pestering a "dealer" who's been hanging on to this 2" 15-4 at $650 + tax and $25 for BG, he finally caved at $600 OTD. Very nice example with a slight turn line.

I already have an original 629-2 Mountain Revolver, but the
629-4 for many is the pinnacle/most desirable of the 629s because it has all the latest engineering changes, including the endurance package and last before the lock and MIM. I couldn't resist at $750. It also has a VERY faint turn line. Neither look to have been carried and or shot much. Swapped the factory Hogues for some Ahrends.

BBE9AD47-64F9-43D9-BAEF-B1A51552DA04.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads