JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get a .22LR so you can afford to actually shoot.
I actually bought a .22lr along side my 50bmg.

Besides getting ammo, my next 2 purchases, the only things gun related is buying from my gun store, an HD 8 camera wired security camera system and hopefully if they become a reseller, a large home freeze dryer system...

You're kidding, right?
My response was more of an existentialist concern. I have to remind myself why I have this interest as financial concerns can be overwhelming. For instance, practically I can't afford the new VCOG that I ordered to accompany my new birthday present (pics soon should be arriving today).

Over the summer I found myself finding solace in 44 mag and 12g slugs when my mind was stressed. The larger calibers bring me peace and much healthier than bourbon or red wine. Now beginning the foray into distance shooting. Better than yoga for my mind.

I asked about the 50bmg as I found myself needing more relief (I don't understand women) even with the two new rifles I've got this month. I considered 458 and 45-70. Saw last night one rifle I have doubled in price according to a recent sale on GB. When does this search end? Right now, I'd be happy with some sunshine, whip the Browning out and just shoot some clays.

My response was more of an existentialist concern. I have to remind myself why I have this interest as financial concerns can be overwhelming. For instance, practically I can't afford the new VCOG that I ordered to accompany my new birthday present (pics soon should be arriving today).

Over the summer I found myself finding solace in 44 mag and 12g slugs when my mind was stressed. The larger calibers bring me peace and much healthier than bourbon or red wine. Now beginning the foray into distance shooting. Better than yoga for my mind.

I asked about the 50bmg as I found myself needing more relief (I don't understand women) even with the two new rifles I've got this month. I considered 458 and 45-70. Saw last night one rifle I have doubled in price according to a recent sale on GB. When does this search end? Right now, I'd be happy with some sunshine, whip the Browning out and just shoot some clays.
I do hope you recognize that my reply was totally in jest, given the crowd in which we all run here.
By the above, I believe that you get it was.
And, your prose is classic...

"finding solace in 44 mag and 12g slugs"
"larger calibers bring me peace"
"much healthier than bourbon and wine" (although I will challenge this conjecture)
"needing more relief( I don't understand women" (who really does) o_O

Brilliant...

This one helped with my mood today. I didn't like the shiny grip and it had a slight flaw. Buffalo horn on a colt. My photos are starting to get better :)

SAA.jpg

IT NEVER ENDS!
I got everything from bb guns up to 300 win mag even got a 45/70 sense you mentioned it. Three black powder guns .
And still always looking for something else.

After telling myself I was not going to buy anymore old Marlin lever guns, and having sold many of my collection to fund more 1800's single shot rifles. I stumbled onto another old Marlin at a local estate auction that struck my interest.
I decided I'd toss an absentee bid at it, and not even attend the auction. I also bid half what I figured it was worth, as I just didn't care enough to give it a good try to win it. The day after the auction I got an email notice that I'd won the bid! And not only won it, but for a little over half my max bid! I figured I wouldn't even have a chance, and sure didn't expect to win it so cheaply!
This Deluxe 1894 Marlin dates to just after 1900, and has a lot of condition, and a lot of special order features too! It's a .25-20 Marlin caliber, which is the same as .25-20 WCF that Winchester copied from Marlin. It's a half octagon barrel, half magazine, pistol gripped, checkered, deluxe wood with piano finish. Special order sights front and rear, and a special order shotgun style buttstock. Just a very neat rifle, in beautiful condition!

v9YD8M9l.jpg

6gDyEo7l.jpg

6hIIvsql.jpg

I'm not a Marlin fan but that is a beautiful rifle.
Thanks. I'm a big fan of early Marlins. I don't own any newer than WWI, and most are pre 1891 era. I think the early Marlins and Marlin Ballard rifles are some of the finest American made rifles ever built.

This Beautiful Firearm is a Part of Caniks TP9 Lineup, and along with the TP9SFx, solely has one of the best factory triggers I've ever had on any of my previously owned and purchased firearms. Ever. This is a collaboration done with Salient Arms.
Salient Arms externals, and Nickel plated internals.

•Salient Arms Rear Sights
•Fiber Optic Front Sights with multiple Fiber options available in the case.
•Optic Cut and Ready
•1/2x28 Threaded Match Grade Drop In Barrel by Salient Arms (Gold)
•Thread Protector
• 2 Magazines. One 18 Round and One 15.
•Convertible Holster from OTW to ITW
• Flat Face Aluminum Trigger with 4.8lb Trigger Weight
•PVD Coated Parts, and Internals
•4.73" Barrel
•Ambidextrous Slide Release
• Extended Slide and Magazines Release
•Forward Slide Serrations
•Stippled Frame

20211210_092149.jpg

This Beautiful Firearm is a Part of Caniks TP9 Lineup, and along with the TP9SFx, solely has one of the best factory triggers I've ever had on any of my previously owned and purchased firearms. Ever. This is a collaboration done with Salient Arms.
Salient Arms externals, and Nickel plated internals.

•Salient Arms Rear Sights
•Fiber Optic Front Sights with multiple Fiber options available in the case.
•Optic Cut and Ready
•1/2x28 Threaded Match Grade Drop In Barrel by Salient Arms (Gold)
•Thread Protector
• 2 Magazines. One 18 Round and One 15.
•Convertible Holster from OTW to ITW
• Flat Face Aluminum Trigger with 4.8lb Trigger Weight
•PVD Coated Parts, and Internals
•4.73" Barrel
•Ambidextrous Slide Release
• Extended Slide and Magazines Release
•Forward Slide Serrations
•Stippled Frame

View attachment 1086525
Nice work!

I just brought it home. 1954 FN High Power. I've been looking for one from 1950, my birth year but never had any luck, so 1954 is close enough.
I'll clean it up, swap out the springs, remove the magazine disconnect and put some nicer grips on it. I'm gonna' edc it here in the woods.

Many years ago I had a similar stainless Browning HP and I always kicked myself for selling it. So this scratches a couple of itches.
20211218_143840.jpg 20211218_143823.jpg

Just got my Glock 30 (.45acp) slide back from springer precision, they milled it for the Holosun 507c then cerakoted it in coyote tan. Could not be more impressed with the machine work. Not a lot of options for this model of Glock so I had to go custom.

6D2E68DE-B34B-4A4C-9B3D-2096A1413B27.jpeg 37F21904-474F-4D3B-B14C-4DC41790E8F1.jpeg FB7989D7-0538-4F89-ACB6-06A4A60ECDC3.jpeg

Nice stock on that one with the scope. I have a few lever actions - Winchesters. That is the first one I've ever seen with a scope that I liked. What is the fascination with lever guns vs bolt? Speed? I have seen more tactical like Marlin Dark that could work with a scope aesthetically but I'm not super into the black guns at the moment.
The scoped rifle is a 99PE in 308. Presentation Engraved. Speed and accuracy with the Savages since they have the rotary magazine and can shoot pointed bullets. I don't stop developing loads for a Savage lever action rifle until it groups less than an inch @ 100. So far they all do unless unscoped.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top