Show your guns!

Reactions
That's awful, tac. Pure BS of the government kind. Beautiful revolver. Too bad it wasn't lawful to send it to your friends overseas to have them hold it for when you visit.
I got out as many as I could in the time I had, which was very short. My guns were in Eastern England, and I was elsewhere, being an officer in the Army. Did me no good - the firearms certificate is a civilian document, issued by the Home Office via the county police chief. A LOT of my guns got out, but most didn't. Back in 1986, they ALL escaped.

etrain16

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Meet & Greet
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
I got out as many as I could in the time I had, which was very short. My guns were in Eastern England, and I was elsewhere, being an officer in the Army. Did me no good - the firearms certificate is a civilian document, issued by the Home Office via the county police chief. A LOT of my guns got out, but most didn't. Back in 1986, they ALL escaped.
That's such a frustrating story. I can't imagine going through that. To say I'd be pissed, is an understatement. Though I know there was nothing you could do. Sad to see those guns lost.

Reactions
That's such a frustrating story. I can't imagine going through that. To say I'd be pissed, is an understatement. Though I know there was nothing you could do. Sad to see those guns lost.
And, of course, as PM Tony B Liar noted, with all our legally-held handguns off the streets, mainland yUK was safe again. :rolleyes:

Wait, wait, all those legally-held guns were not the problem, it was the untold number of ILLEGALLY-held guns that were being used in crime, wasn't it?

Doh.

Getting our guns 'off the streets - where they never were before, of course, cost over $200 Million in then-money.

For 103,000 much-loved possessions. My pal Clyde told me that there were more handguns that that in his county in Deep East Texas......

I'll let the mathematicians here figure out how much THAT little exercise in PR cost the tax payers of this country.

Reactions
Here are the two Sniders -

1592837452718.png

Top is a three-band, 3-groove rifle from the 44th Bn of Infantry, Welland and Lincoln County Militia, Ontario. It saw action in the last of the Fenian Raids in 1872. Some serious a$$-wuppin' there, by all accounts. Last time you guys tried to invade us, right?

Bottom is a much-rarer two-band Sergeants 5-groove rifle, given to me as birthday gift by a very generous friend. This was issue to the Québec Garrison Artillery, Battery B, at Québec Citadel, some time before 1867 - unlike the top gun, it has no DC in diamond showing ownership by the Dominion of Canada.

Here's that rifle in use -

Talking about wood-to-metal fit, here's an example of how the Brits used to make a mass-produced military rifle go together.....look at the lock and the surrounding woodwork -

1592838137236.png
Bores of both are like brand-new - end to end.
1592838192461.png
Three-groove rifle - the other one is the same, but with more grooves. :)

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    1911 guru!
    Tim Copeland rebuilt and refreshed an old Colt 1911 Gold Cup for me that needed all new springs, new extractor & replaced a loose ejector. Found...
    • Knute
  • 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
Top Bottom