Show your guns!

Reactions
This is my beautiful all-original Ruger Redhawk, bought in 1981 at the Berlin R&GC. Its claim to fame is that I used it to hit a galvanised trash-can lid four times out of six at 300m on Barton road Ranges one fine afternoon in 1993.

My pet load for this work of mechanical art was 24gr of 2400 under a 240gr hard-cast bullet - it was a wallop at both ends and I loved it to bits. One afternoon on the base range it had over three hundred shots through it as people lined up to shoot it for a local fund-raising charity. Almost everybody had a big melon-eating grin after the experience. I just used my Lewis Lead remover after each fifty shots. Still got it, in fact, and use it for my .357 Mag Super Redhawk of the mainland yUK kind.

Twenty-three years ago I had to make the choice to hand it in for destruction, or keep it as a de-act. I chose the latter and now that the yUK has adopted the draconian European rules of gun deactivation - with which it does NOT comply - I can neither sell it not find a buyer for it. All I can do is to hand it in for destruction.

1592570567035.png

Guys, and Ladies, please don't let this happen to you.

New scope for Abby. UTG "Bugbuster" 3-9x32. Never had an issue with UTG and had good reviews overall so figured why tf not. Now she can reach out and touch things. Well she could anyway, but now I can see out that far. Poor dog's DMR. Cut me some slack, JACK.
I hear great things about those bug busters. Inexpensive and light. How's the image quality?

etrain16

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Meet & Greet
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
This is my beautiful all-original Ruger Redhawk, bought in 1981 at the Berlin R&GC. Its claim to fame is that I used it to hit a galvanised trash-can lid four times out of six at 300m on Barton road Ranges one fine afternoon in 1993.

My pet load for this work of mechanical art was 24gr of 2400 under a 240gr hard-cast bullet - it was a wallop at both ends and I loved it to bits. One afternoon on the base range it had over three hundred shots through it as people lined up to shoot it for a local fund-raising charity. Almost everybody had a big melon-eating grin after the experience. I just used my Lewis Lead remover after each fifty shots. Still got it, in fact, and use it for my .357 Mag Super Redhawk of the mainland yUK kind.

Twenty-three years ago I had to make the choice to hand it in for destruction, or keep it as a de-act. I chose the latter and now that the yUK has adopted the draconian European rules of gun deactivation - with which it does NOT comply - I can neither sell it not find a buyer for it. All I can do is to hand it in for destruction.

View attachment 712326

Guys, and Ladies, please don't let this happen to you.
That's awful, tac. Pure BS of the government kind. Beautiful revolver. Too bad it wasn't lawful to send it to your friends overseas to have them hold it for when you visit.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
Top Bottom