JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old school and new school

20180916_163006.jpg

Events today will necessitate some work in the woods on the southwestern end of the patch in the coming days. This compact 12-bore shotgun will come along. This little Lupara started out as a Baikal SxS. I installed a thick recoil pad and then filed the paperwork with our federal friends. (Not that paying a tax to remove metal from an object I already own makes sense, but even intensely stupid laws must be followed.) After approval, it was engraved, then cut down, and a new bead installed. Later, my better half helped me modify a leather muzzleloader sling to easily pack the shotgun. Shown with a playing card to indicate size.

lup2.jpg

lup.jpg

Not exactly new, but it feels like it! I bought this Omega HK MP5K clone about a year ago.

I'll preface this a bit, for those that don't know about a binary trigger, its a 3-position (safe, fire & binary). The binary position fires on the trigger on the pull and the release.

I was perusing Franklin Armory's Binary trigger to see if I'd missed anything and it turns out the AR is probably the most finicky of their binary triggers as it comes with 2 different buffer springs and 2 different trigger springs and they say in the directions that using an H or H2 buffer may enhance performance.

It turns out they make a binary trigger for the Bushmaster ACR, a couple different AR trigger systems, the B&T APC, CZ Scorpion EVO and the HK 9x/MP5.

It was the HK MP5 that got my attention. It's supposed to have a 4.5-5 pound trigger just like the AR triggers, plus this design is drop-in. Of course the website only has retail prices so I started shopping around and found it on GunBroker $100 cheaper and ordered it from AKTrader who got it out the next day.

It arrived Tuesday, I installed it in my Omega MP5K yesterday morning and (being my day off) went to the range in the afternoon. Took some sub-sonic 147's as well as regular full power 115's and 124's just to run it through the paces ... It does have a 4.5-5 pound trigger, it ate everything with zero issues and I could make it go as fast as I wanted. That may be because I've got some practice with my AR binary trigger ... there there were no trigger issues, couldn't "out run" it as some people call ... No tuning issues like with the AR ... I'd go as far to say, this has the ease of installation I was hoping for with the AR. It also came with an ambidextrous selector but it dug into my trigger finger worse than the Scorpion EVO, so I used the blank cap it shipped with. It also came with stickers to indicate it's Binary but since I have it on a SEF lower I didn't use them, you only flip the selector to the 3rd position for one reason ... plus, I'll be trying it on my other HK's and that lower is proprietary to the K (short) model.

4E89C8EF-AD32-451D-977B-120576C9F9E4.jpg

Shes even equipped with the neat trick of being self balanced:p
Never owned any rifles that could do that

There must be some pretty strange juju out there in the universe this weekend...
I picked up this Palmetto State Armory M4 just last night.
Just this morning, before I saw your post, I discovered that it is self-balancing as well!
Way too weird... o_O

PSA M4 SRC.01.jpg

PSA M4 SRC.02.jpg

PSA M4 SRC.03.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews