JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's why I picked up the 97'... I was going to cut the 12 back, but it is such a nice gun.. and a 3" super speed/super X "heavy duck" model... I couldnt justify hacking it up to make this...
View attachment 405216
But I ran across the 97' at the gun show Saturday, and it appears the barrel has already been replaced, and somebody named C.H. Davis liked it so much he stamped his name in the reciever and killed its collectabillity, so I figured it the perfect candidate for...View attachment 405215
Really the only thing i'm doing to the gun is cutting a barrel that isn't original anyway, and routing out the buttstock a little bit for the strap swivel. This build has been at the top of my "grail" list for a long time. Can't wait to get the parts and get started!
The 12 will remain unmolested in my possession... I just meant I was considering wether i'm going to keep it or sell/trade it. I originally only bought it for the project and I don't really need 3 pump shotguns(with another '97 resto project on the way) when I have so many other holes in my collection... but it's just so pretty:s0153:
Well, they're your guns. Do with them as you please.
I apologize for poo-pooing your plans. As I just said, they're your guns.
For me, personally, the only way I could justify what you plan is if it were completely un-shootable, so to get it back into a shooter, work would have to be done anyway.
Otherwise, all I see are two fine ol' shootin' arms with plenty of years of field work left in them.
So my comments weren't based so much in collectability, but more, appreciation.
...however, that's just me, and you ain't me.
FWIW, looks like a fun project. Don't see too many Great War Trench gun mods. I understand the Remington model 10 was used, also....but when's the last time you saw one of those. ;)
Good luck with your project(s).

remington-model-10-1-682x383.1480532305.jpg

Dean

Last Edited:
Get an fal and cetme, yeah in time i got some boots, leather jacket, tattoos im saving and a custom r700 on the list ahead of those for now.

I spent 4 years in the Marines. You can't see the tattoos I got because I didn't get them. I was tempted but I didn't. I know of one guy who did in the PI.... Hep C many years later. Feeling more unique all the time because I didn't get and don't have any.
My English grandfather was covered with them. He wore long sleeve shirts all buttoned up in the hottest Kansas weather. I guess I took the hint. "A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling". Spend that money on another rifle. Old man rant over.

Nice M14. You will LOVE it!

Shopping suggestions: 1941 Johnson Rifle, AG42 Llungemann (and/or the Hakim knockoff), FN49 come to mind off the top of my head.

I spent 4 years in the Marines. You can't see the tattoos I got because I didn't get them. I was tempted but I didn't. I know of one guy who did in the PI.... Hep C many years later. Feeling more unique all the time because I didn't get and don't have any.
My English grandfather was covered with them. He wore long sleeve shirts all buttoned up in the hottest Kansas weather. I guess I took the hint. "A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling". Spend that money on another rifle. Old man rant over.

Nice M14. You will LOVE it!

Shopping suggestions: 1941 Johnson Rifle, AG42 Llungemann (and/or the Hakim knockoff), FN49 come to mind off the top of my head.
All guns i have thought of, im refocusing my collection on american currently, well except my ak. Damn thing, having the ak vs ar argument in my head lately. The johnson is an interesting design as in the list. The ever growing list:rolleyes:

What was that mod to the '03 Springfield that allowed you to shoot some kind of .30 rounds in a semi-auto mechanism that replaced the bolt?
What was it called, a Pederson Device? Sumthin' like that.
If you're looking for rare US military small arms hardware to add to a collection, that would definitely be one.

What was that mod to the '03 Springfield that allowed you to shoot some kind of .30 rounds in a semi-auto mechanism that replaced the bolt?
What was it called, a Pederson Device? Sumthin' like that.
If you're looking for rare US military small arms hardware to add to a collection, that would definitely be one.
Last one i saw on RIA went for 30 g's i believe
Scratch that
The Rock Island Auction Blog: The Pedersen Device
If you wanna pitch in ill be very accepting ;):rolleyes:

A46C3C61-2206-4607-963D-26AE7D1573CC.jpeg 595718F5-0661-464B-BC25-A945DE0D7944.jpeg F67B155F-E9CB-4DFD-B59F-E6E2D760DD55.jpeg I just built this for my wife, for Christmas(shh don't tell her). Started as a stripped magnesium lower, AR Stoner lower parts kit, Anderson flat top upper, all Magpul Pink furniture, and Magpul Sand mags dyed purple. Also have a 40mm aimpoint knock off for the top. The purple on the lower and the mags actually match much better in person. The paint is an anodized look high temp purple.

LOL! Someone give those gentlemen a cheroot!
I thought I was gonna stump the crowd, but you guys had your history hats on!
Good on ya'. Yeah, extremely rare is kind of an understatement when discussing The Pederson Device.
I didn't know about the WWI origins, though. Its been my understanding that it was devised when the Gov. decided to seek out a replacement for the '03 Springfield.
...guess I learned something too. :D

LOL! Someone give those gentlemen a cheroot!
I thought I was gonna stump the crowd, but you guys had your history hats on!
Good on ya'. Yeah, extremely rare is kind of an understatement when discussing The Pederson Device.
I didn't know about the WWI origins, though. Its been my understanding that it was a contender for the new service rifle that begat the Garand.
...guess I learned something too. :D
It could have been, but with many cool designs wars ending in a untimely manner destroyed the potential, i think one of the few designs to survive a war ending is the thompson. Its also a shame the winchester mag fed m1 garand projects fell through. Ide love to have a standardized one of those :D

Thompson was smart enough to commercialize his machine gun right after the end of the war and not spare the horses on advertising.
It did keep him alive during the lean post-war years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top