JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My twins lol KIMG0003.JPG

I don't know which is better looking. But one of them is Kosher at least.

I really should see if I can modify the Ace to take the original .308 Galil mags. Using SR-25 magazines was a huge mistake on lWI's part.

image.jpeg

Been trying to document my collection in photos, so here is another one, my one and only BP rifle, a Thompson Center .50 cal 'Hawken' style rifle. I've had it for a while and still haven't shot it yet, but I now have everything I need to do that. Hopefully this spring will be the first shots (for me, it is used). Heck, this is one even @AndyinEverson can hit the like button for!

View attachment 358570 View attachment 358571 View attachment 358572 View attachment 358573 View attachment 358574 View attachment 358575 View attachment 358576

Neat-O. This winter I finally parted with one almost just like that, but in .54-caliber. I simply didn't have the time to get out with said. They are nice rifles. :)

You didn't find it in the hands of Hatchet Jack ... he of sound mind but froze to a tree , Did ya? :eek::p:D

It has been far too long since I've watched Jeremiah Johnson. I need rectify that. :D

You don't need headspace cages on this rifle...either it will cycle or it wont... you can't really adjust the headspace other than buying new parts (barrel bolt etc)

I wish any one of the veteran military armorers I knew would have told me this- I could have saved the $70 I just spent to buy them. I was actually also wondering I would adjust the headspace distance if I did encounter a "no-go" situation too. I have cycled full 20-rd. magazines of both .308 and 7.62x51 through the rifle- in both cases, the rounds do chamber and eject with no jams or failures to feed. Should I take this as a good sign then?

Geno

I wish any one of the veteran military armorers I knew would have told me this- I could have saved the $70 I just spent to buy them. I was actually also wondering I would adjust the headspace distance if I did encounter a "no-go" situation too. I have cycled full 20-rd. magazines of both .308 and 7.62x51 through the rifle- in both cases, the rounds do chamber and eject with no jams or failures to feed. Should I take this as a good sign then?

Geno
Yep...i guess the go no go is a safe way of checking rather than cycling live ammo.....ive rarely had issues with headspace on an ar.
Typically if there is an issue I'll swap a bolt and the issue is fixed.
Happens for example when you get a psa bolt up against an Anderson barrel or whatever...swap the psa bolt out for another random brand bolt and the problem is fixed.
Ar10 isn't mil spec so you can run into those issues more often..

I'd keep the gauges anyway...they will be usefull for lots of other rifles

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads